Sunday, November 17, 2013

While I Was Out

I won't say much about how tired I was last night, because I don't need to. All I need to say is this: I went to an (awesome) antique store, IKEA, Bed Bath & Beyond, and a kitchen store.....with three boys. They were well behaved, so I topped the day off by taking them to Chuck E. Cheese. 

My reason for going to the antique store (Kudzu off of Roswell Road) was to find an old trunk. I wanted one for my coffee table. I found one. 


It's an old costume trunk. It opens up and has hangers and drawers and pockets. Inside one of the pockets was an envelope. 


It's a stamped envelope from 1927 with an Atlanta address! It could've belonged to an actress or a circus performer! At least, I like to wonder. I love antiques because my imagination goes crazy.

I also found this dresser for Logan's room.


I bought a mini table for the boys since I haven't found a dining room table yet. I got it at IKEA and my hands hurt from putting it together. 


I also got these coasters at the antique store because the boys loved them. They are pieces of stone with cork on the bottom and pictures of famous Atlanta spots on them. I mean, a coaster with the Big Chicken on it? How could I tell them no?



I also got this little key chain. It's a B from a Georgia license plate. 


2 comments: