Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I'm Thankful For My Kids

I don't think there's a person who knows me who doesn't know how thankful I am for my kids. I almost can't put into words how much I love them because all I want to do is smile when I think about them. They make me wanna pull my hair out sometimes but I can't imagine how empty I would feel without them. 

LOGAN

I'm thankful for my child full of life and energy. Logan is my first born. I heard him cry first and instantly became a mom. He shocked me. I was like "omg, it's a baby!" (Remember that I was 20. I knew I was going to the hospital to have a set of twins but I really didn't get how I was going to react or handle it.) The kid kept shocking me. He almost killed himself on a regular basis when he was little because he was like Dennis the Menace, and any grey hairs I will have will all belong to him.  I have many crazy Logan stories that I refuse to talk about because not enough time has gone by for them to be funny.  I'm thankful for this kid because he's hilarious. He's crazy crazy smart. He gets it. I don't know how to explain it, but already at 12, he can see how stupid and childish people are. He's sweet. He wants to please people. When he messes up, he wants to correct it. He's a reader. He's the kind of kid who asked for a book about the Civil War....in 2nd grade. He's thoughtful. He's careless with complete dedication. Lol. He's also the one I have fought with the most. I realize now it's because we are a lot alike. A lot of times I scream at him for being like me. When he gets in trouble at school for talking and disrupting the class, I realize how much he really is like me. He's my wild child and with enough self-discipline and drive, I believe if he's focused, he could do anything. He's a passionate, curious kid. And he drives me nuts. Isn't that funny? 

LINDSEY

I'm thankful for my only baby girl. I've never seen a child that is so driven. When she says she's going to do something, she just does it. And good luck making her do something she isn't interested in. I see it in dance and cheer, and in her tumbling around the house and twirling on her own without someone telling her to practice. She's incredibly smart. She gets good grades, not because she loves school but because she is supposed to. She's always been very obedient. She's beautiful. She's funny, but there's a very deep side that is all business. In fact, I think because I'm like Logan, she gets irritated by us both. She is poised. She loves God. She loves her mommy and daddy. She wants to travel and she's curious about the world. She gets annoyed by her baby brothers, but when she's sweet, it's the most precious thing I have seen out of her. I think if I had to describe Lindsey, the word would be determined. She really is. She's always been that way, and she loves what she loves.  She's articulate and smart, and being determined too, I am really curious to see what she'll be one day. She says a dancer, so probably that. By the way, she's not crazy about reading but she loves math and science, so I'm thrilled about that. She is like me, but I don't know, the older she gets I see how incredibly different she is. She's unique for sure. 

CARSON



I'm thankful for the love that Carson brings into my life. Carson is my monkey. I never left him when he was a baby and he was in my arms at all times. He wouldn't stand for it, and he cried without me. When they brought him to me, he was staring at me. (Usually babies can't stand the bright lights after they're born so they squint.) Not Carson. He locked eyes with me and it's like he said "You're mine, mama." And it's true. He's adorable. People have to earn Carson's affection, but it is the most precious thing I've seen once they have it. He says "I love you, Mama." And "I miss you, Mama." He's always happy and sweet unless he's tired. He always feels bad when he makes a mistake and sometimes he hides. Once, he dropped a carton of eggs on the floor and we found him hiding in the closet. You don't have to get on to him much because he's hard enough on himself when he makes a mistake. He's so sweet. I can't describe it, but people fall in love with him. I had him at the store on Friday night and five people stopped me and told me how adorable he was. He's just precious. 

DYLAN


I'm thankful for my sweet baby, Dylan. He loves to eat sugar because he is made of sugar. Carson and Dylan are very similar in their demeanor and are both sweet hearts, but Dylan has always been "Chillin Dylan". He is totally go with the flow. He is happy, chill, absolutely hilarious and goofy, and when Carson is crying and having a meltdown, he is just cool. He loves his stuffed friends, he attaches to things easily and gets on kicks. He is obsessed with Superman. He likes a routine, he loves to snuggle and if you roll away, he will say in the middle of the night "I wanttttt to snuggggglllle!" You have to roll back over and let your arm fall asleep. Dylan and Carson love each other very much. Dylan though, when I say "Ok, Carson, I'm leaving so you'd better get up and come," Dylan is genuinely concerned. He screams "noooooo! You can't leave Carson!" He's gullible and trusting, which is why his older brother and sister drive me nuts when they trick him. Dylan has always been a walking sweetheart. He just is. He's sooooo smart too. He's curious and always asks a lot of questions. And then he says "But whyyyy, mamaaaaa?" Dylan asks about God and Jesus a lot. He is so sweet. I feel like he's always been a cartoon baby. He's the bigger of the two boys, but he has this little sweet voice that comes out. We used to call him our "genetically engineered baby" because he is that perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment