Monday, November 25, 2013

My Ty Ty

I'm writing about the people/things I'm thankful for the next week. 

Today I'm thankful for my brother, Tyson. My Ty-Ty. He's our one and only brother, owns a huge chunk of my heart, and he is hands down, the BEST guy I know. Period. I love my brother.  I respect him immensely. 

I would describe my feelings about my brother as "concrete" and "protective." Concrete because we don't have to talk very much and we are still close and it won't ever change. I don't see him enough because he lives in Michigan, but he's always close to my heart. Protective, well, Ash and I both are and have always been.....controlling with love. Heehee. We've been pretty bitchy to girlfriends at times and it took us some time to accept that he didn't need us telling him what to do all the time. He's been a man for a while, and a quiet, calm, sweet one, who can't get a word in when we are around. He's probably the most chill guy I've met in my life. 

He is the only boy and he was raised by girls. I have to say, all of our meddling and the sheer fact that he had to live with all girls, has made him the most devoted dad and husband I know. He gets girls, he understands a lot about women that a lot of guys don't. He fears God and devotes himself entirely to what He wishes for his life. On the other hand, I'm sure he's a pro at tuning his wife out because he had to learn to do it with us his whole life. Sorry, Torie. 

Other than the times I used to make my brother be "the dog" when I played house, I think I was a pretty good sister. I remember thinking I saved his life when I was 4. We were playing Peter Pan on the stairs (he was 2) and he started to fall down the staircase. I grabbed his ankle and told him I had him. I don't remember pulling him up or anything, I just remember catching him and thinking he'd be dead if it weren't for me. You're welcome, Tyson. ;)

I remember watching cartoons with him a lot and the two of us raiding the kitchen on Saturday mornings for breakfast while my mom slept. We had a favorite. I haven't been able to find it online and I don't know what it was, but it was a bear who was picking up litter. He sang a little song. "Take a piece 'a paper, put it in the bag, bump bump." For some reason, out of everything we experienced, that's the one thing that stuck and we still sing it to this day. 

When I was 20, I was pregnant and depressed about my life because I hadn't formulated a plan yet. I was curled up on the couch and crying a lot because I realized I was going to be raising my kids alone. It was winter and very cold. I was crying on the couch in the dark with a fire going, and in walks my brother; he got me something. He'd gotten me a CD to cheer me up and I was all emotional and crying because I loved him so much. We sat and talked about it until I felt better. 

My brother has had to keep his mouth shut a lot where I'm concerned, and even when I'm sure he wants to punch someone for mistreating me, he's always focused more on helping me than seeking any kind of revenge. It's probably been hard for him to be our brother sometimes. Although, there have been times where I've found out, sometimes years later, that he hasn't always been able to keep his mouth shut.

Ty, I love being your sister. Thank you for carrying me out of Linneman's that time when I barfed on myself, thank you for always being there for me, and thank you for being you. You're seriously my favorite guy on the planet. 

By the way, my brother is married to his Pre-K girlfriend, Torie. They were three when they met and they have two precious children, Alexander (Xander) and Adaryn. They're adorable. By the way, before Ty and Torie started dating, I said "Why haven't you ever dated Torie? That would be super cute!" He told me later that he thought "Yeah, why haven't I?" Not long after that, they were dating and then they got married. You're welcome, Ty. See? You can thank God for your bossy older sister. 

Really, there are few things I could go absolutely Jerry Springer over, but my siblings and my children? I'm like a hair away from frosted lipstick and a guest appearance on Cops. Nobody hurts them or they answer to me and I'm scary.  My sister passed out once and I told the guy to stop seeing her. He didn't even try to talk to her again. When she asked him why, he said "your sister."  My brother and sisters are very dear to me and I am thankful for them. 

I have some issues with the picture below. First of all, what is wrong with this Santa? Does he really want to be there? It looks like someone roofied him and he just realized he's been kidnapped and placed in the Santa chair. Also, why are we wearing those summery outfits? Mom? Any explanation since we lived in Milwaukee?? Those look like bunnies on Ty and Ash's clothes. 


1 comment:

  1. This picture was taken in Santa Claus, Indiana in the SUMMER before Christmas, thus the summer outfits. And that Santa probably was roofied or something....I remember he was really old and I had to lift each of you onto his lap by myself....no help or ho-hos from him. He was kind of scary....

    ReplyDelete