Saturday, November 9, 2013

First Night Back

I was so excited to sleep at the new, well, old new house tonight, that I slept on the floor. I'm not sleeping very well because the floor really isn't very comfortable! Imagine that! 

There are lots of new noises because the house is settling and I have had all new units put in. I'll get used to it I'm sure. I keep reaching for old light switches and I even ran into a wall that didn't used to be there. Lol. Seriously. 

I'm so happy to be back home. I know it will take a minute to get settled but I can do that, gladly. I have so much to be thankful this year. 

This is kinda funny....I was eating with my two contractors this morning and when it was my turn to order, I had a hard time deciding whether I really wanted chicken sausage or whether or not I'd rather have fruit. They watched, and then laughed at me. It dawned on me that all they've done for 6 months is watch me make decisions, well, and run away and NOT make decisions. Ahem. Avoidance. I guess I was mistaken about one thing....I thought I made them quickly and I was low-maintenance about the whole thing. I told them that. They laughed. So I said "Am I the worst kind? High-maintenance who thinks I'm low-maintenance?" Lee said "Getting warmer."  Ha.  I mean, in my defense, every day I had to make decisions, so sometimes I would say "I don't know. Let me call you back." And then sometimes I would change my mind after deciding. The important thing is that I ended up deciding! I do like to weigh and analyze everything before committing to something that I'll be stuck with. It never seems fast enough for everyone else. 

My bed for the night....


They warned me that my chandelier wasn't bright enough, and it kinda isn't, but that's what lamps are for. Look at the pretty shadows on my ceiling! 



No comments:

Post a Comment