Monday, April 2, 2012

The Zoo

We went to the zoo yesterday and now I remember why I usually take them on a weekday.....because it took an hour to park!  I got there in one piece though this time, meaning that I remembered to bring my wallet.  Lindsey went to a friend's house, so I just took the boys.  Logan was awesome and Carson and Dylan had a blast. 

All that Dylan wanted was to go to the zoo and buy a baby panda, which he calls "Baby Panna".  We looked at the lions, the giraffes, the birds and monkeys, and he enjoyed looking, but he would make it clear when he was bored of an animal because he would say "Let's see more animals, Mama!"  He's so cute.  He was patient, but I could tell he was anxious to get to his panda.  He's so adorable.  If he didn't know what something was he'd shout in his little baby voice "Wasssss dat, mamaaaaaaa?" If I could bottle his voice up, I would.  It's so cute. 

Carson loved the monkeys, of course, especially this one (I forget the name) with a long tail.  Dude, his tail was like a yard and a half long and it stood straight up!  Carson thought it was funny because he ate bugs. 

Logan was just an awesome helper.  I don't really know which animal he liked the most because he was too busy he telling me he was thirsty.  I got him drinks, but the kid was like a camel.  Every time I turned around, he was thirsty.  I think that he liked the tigers.  The tigers were really cool.

I am genuinely happy that activists have made the zoos give the animals more room and an environment closer to what their real habitat would be, but it sorta sucks for us because you can't see them as closely anymore.  For example, my favorite thing to watch when I was a kid was the gorilla, who used to be in a tiny little room....not cool, but now, he's like 2 miles away.  You can't even see him.  And yesterday we saw the mama gorillas and a little baby.  They too were like a mile away!  Even the zoom on my camera couldn't get close.   I have to say though, if I were a mama gorilla, I would stay far away from spectators too.  I'd be naked, for one, and I'd also just get irritated with people staring at me all day.  And gorillas act a lot like humans, so maybe they don't like it. 


Here are just a few pictures that I took from my phone:

Carson eating pizza



Dylan, not eating, because he doesn't eat real food....only sugar



They call gorillas "King Kong".  Here they are looking
at King Kong.  Hmmm, should we touch it?

Why not?  I don't think it'll bite us.


Better yet, let's sit on him!
Dylan with his Baby "Panna"
Here's the Word of the Day:

grouse \grous\, verb:
1. To grumble; complain.
noun:
1. A complaint.





1 comment: