Monday, April 23, 2012

Carson....update

Carson had a check-up on his leg this morning.  We sat for an hour because the doctor had to run to the hospital for some kind of emergency.  Carson ate a couple of lollipops while he waited patiently on the table. 

The nurse took off the bandage, and of course, I turned around and didn't look.  In the past, I have gotten sick every time the bandage has come off.  It makes me feel terrible because I don't want Carson to get his feelings hurt or to scare him, but I get dizzy and light-headed and hear rushing water in my ears.  The bandage stuck a little and he jerked a bit, but other than that, he didn't complain and he just chilled.  The nurses are always really impressed with how mature he is.  She covered it up until the doctor came. 

When his doctor showed up, he took off the bandage and asked me to look.  He said "I know you get sick, Mom, but I really need you to look because you need to see what I am talking about."  I did, and then I got sick.  They had to bring me a drink and I had to chill for a while.  I don't get sick at the sight of blood and stuff, but when it is MY CHILD, I just can't bear it.  I thought I was ok and started to leave, but apparently I was leaning to the right while I was walking, and they told me to sit a little longer.  I was still a little dizzy.  This whole time, Carson is saying "I love you, Mama" and smiling. 

His leg, to the doctor, looked good.  His leg to me, looked so painful, I can't even think about it.  My poor little baby has been through 3 surgeries and not complained one time.  He says things like "Watch my leg!  Don't bump my leg!" And "Look, Mama!  It's all better!"  He is so tough, and I can't believe that he doesn't even attempt to walk on it.  He accepts the situation and makes the best of it.  Carson is a cool little kid and I enjoy having him as my little sidekick.  The doctor said that he was shocked he hasn't complained at all because it really is a painful surgery.  The only thing Carson complained about a little, like once or twice, was the site where they took the skin for the graft.  He's such an amazing kid.

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers! 

I heard that Xander, Carson's cousin, prayed for him and said "No more boo boo's for Carson, Amen."  So adorable.

I haven't been doing a Word of the Day.  Ooops. 


No comments:

Post a Comment