Friday, April 27, 2012

Who Rocks at the Gym

Before I talk about the person who rocks at the gym, OMGGGGGGG!!!!  I am freaking out right now!  Ok.  So, Logan told me a few days ago that the "hottest girl in school" asked him out and he said no because he said it was stupid to have a girlfriend at this age.  I was like "what's her name" and he said "Brittany _____".  Ok, so today he was talking about going to a movie with his friend, and I said "Yea, we will see.  Get the info."  He borrowed my phone a little while ago and sent a text to his friend.  It said "Hey, it's me, Logan.  I was just wondering if Brittany decided what movie she was gonna see."  I thought he was acting a little weird earlier while he was texting, but I thought I was just being paranoid.  I just looked at him and said "Oh, so a girl is going to the movies?  You didn't mention that part.  So, Brittany is going?"  I was smiling, so he smiled.  He was like "Yea, I wasn't going to say anything."  WHAT???  He is 10!!!!!  This is just like a year ago when I found him with a Victoria's Secret magazine under his covers with a little McDonald's flashlight.  He's a baby! 

Since I believe in balance in life, I thought that I would say something positive today about someone at the gym since I talked about all of the people who suck in yesterday's post.  Who rocks at the gym?  He is a man who is about 75 years of age and goes to Zumba every week.  I don't know his name and I have never talked to him, but I think it's awesome that he is there.  Now, I am not going to lie and say that this man can move, or that he doesn't look like he is going to break his hip while shaking it, but I have to give props to people who go out on a limb and decide to live life to its fullest.  It's awesome.  Good for you, Referee!  Shake what your mama gave ya!  He reminds me that I am still young, and that even when you are old, you are still alive.  It's a beautiful thing if you don't spend your old age in a recliner watching infomercials and ordering crap you don't need from QVC.  I am pretty sure that my granddad left me some money when he died and I never saw a penny because my grandma was addicted to buying useless gadgets on that channel.  Thanks a lot, QVC.  My grandma was unhealthy and sad at the end of her life and when I see people enjoying their old age, it makes me happy. 


I heard a great quote about age, and although I have probably already repeated it 1200 times on this blog, I am going to say it again. 

"How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?"




No comments:

Post a Comment