Friday, April 13, 2012

Flashback Friday-Why the Beastie Boys Got Sweet Girls Into Trouble

Ok, so I have said this before, but there is an epidemic in this country that I think us ladies should talk about.  Why is it that nice, sweet, law-abiding girls are attracted to bad boys?  The "nice" boys get trapped in the "friend zone" so many times that they have no choice but to start acting like a-holes.  THEN, we gripe about how there are no nice guys out there.  I have a theory.....it's all the Beastie Boys' fault.  It all started with them.  When I was a little girl, we're talking 10 years old, I had a crush on my friend's older brother, Nick.  I thought he looked like a Beastie Boy, and he did.   I used to stare at him, wishing I weren't 10.  Of course, I was 10.  I just wanted to hug him or something.

Look at these adorable, Brass Monkey drinking rappers.  They had no idea that their baggy pants, little hats and t-shirts would cause an entire generation of girls to seek out slackers who play videogames and ignore them.  At least, that's my theory.  I know that all girls weren't this way, but then I wonder if they were the ones listening to Celine Dion or something instead. 


 
For old time's sake....



http://youtu.be/ru3gH27Fn6E


Here's the Word of the Day:



caparison \kuh-PAR-uh-suhn\ , verb:
1. To dress richly; deck.
2. To cover with a caparison.
noun:
1. A decorative covering for a horse or for the tack or harness of a horse; trappings.
2. Rich and sumptuous clothing or equipment.
The fruit, the fountain that's in all of us; in Edward; in Eleanor; so why caparison ourselves on top?
-- Virginia Woolf, The Years
And he followed her order, bridling and saddling the horse and making every effort to caparison it well.
-- Chrétien de Troyes, The Complete Romances of Chrétien de Troyes



1 comment:

  1. I was listening to Jodeci and Tupac - no wonder I dated Tony Wishart :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete