Friday, April 20, 2012

Flashback Friday-Stones and Sundays




The Rolling Stones are about to go on their 50th anniversary tour.  Can you believe that?  They have been performing for 50 years!  That is insane.  Any time I think I’m getting old I should just look at a picture of Mick Jagger...or maybe that would scare me, so I shoudn't.  I mean, come on though!    The dude is so old and he still gets up there and does his thing.  On top of that, songs are still written with him in mind.  Moves like Jagger? 

I think that one of the best songs ever to be re-recorded was “Wild Horses”.  It was a great song the first time around, of course, but the Sunday’s version is very pretty.  Girls first came to know this version as “the rollercoaster song” from Fear when Marky Mark….well, I don’t need to go into that.  You’ve seen the movie if you’re a 90’s kid. 

Such a great song…..




1 comment: