Saturday, April 28, 2012

Flashback Friday on Saturday-I'm Concussed

Apparently I don't even know what day it is anymore, since I forgot to do Flashback Friday yesterday.  Since I really don't have a lot going on today other than running Lindsey around for dance,  I thought I would tell a story that not a lot of people know about. 

I once got a concussion from getting kicked in the head.  Go ahead and laugh, but I am being totally and completely serious.  I was in 4th grade and I was at recess.  I was jumping back and forth over a jumprope, which was on the ground,when the hugest girl in 4th grade decided to do a cartwheel too close to me.  This girl, Margie, towered over me (and most of the guys), and when her gigantic foot pinwheeled through the air and hit my face, I heard a thump and my nose and eye started bleeding.  It was like getting kicked by a horse!  Her foot hit me so hard, I was knocked to the ground and walked to the nurse.  I must have been acting peculiar because I was taken to the hospital to find out that I had a mild concussion.  My mom had to wake me up every hour that night, to keep me from slipping into a coma.  (I'm sure that wouldn't have happened.)  You know, now that I think about it, I got straight A's until 5th grade.  That's my excuse.  I am concussed.  Thanks to Margie and her enormous foot, I was the biggest airhead in my grade in high school. 

I wonder if Margie hates her feet. 

Brea, Kellie and Michelle.....remember Mr. Mueller throwing my bag out of the classroom?  And then me???  Ohhhh, that man hated me.  And then I caught the tablecloth on fire at that drama thing.  Remember that??? 

Have a great weekend!  I am headed to the gym, and then I have a party to go to tonight with my friend, Kerri. 

2 comments:

  1. Wish these had "like" buttons. I couldn't stop giggling picturing Margie and her enormous flying foot. Haha!

    ReplyDelete