Friday, July 22, 2011

Yay!

I'm meeting Greg today to pick up the kids!  I'm so excited! 

My mom sent me some pictures last night, which I will post below.  Many people don't know this, but I collected dolls when I was little.  The majority of them are Shirley Temple dolls because she was my favorite person in the whole wide world when I was little, but I have a lot of other dolls as well.  Anyway, I didn't start giving them to Lindsey until I knew that she would take care of them, so last year I put a shelf in her room and my mom has started giving them to her one or two at a time.  My mom makes a scrapbook page for each doll telling a story about when and why I got it.  Below is a picture of Lindsey with my Dorothy doll.  Dorothy was one of my favorites because she came with  Toto in a basket, which I'm pretty sure I yanked out and my mom had to glue him back in.  She also has pretty ruby slippers, of course. 

The other doll in the picture is one of my most memorable dolls.  Most of you probably don't know that I played violin for a very long time.  The doll in the pink dress was given to me after one of my recitals....I think.  I was like 4 or 5 when I got it, so I barely remember.  I loved her because she came with an intricate violin, bow, and case. 

Here are the pictures.  Lindsey's so goofy!:



Logan was also surprised last night.  Greg ordered ALL of the "Harry Potter" books without telling him.  Here he is, being the goofball that I love so much. 


Before I go, I will mention that the boys have acted especially TWO the last couple of days.  You can't turn around for two seconds or they're into trouble and they are extremely demanding and whiny.  I think that they are sick of not being able to go outside though; just feeling cooped up.  It's too hot, and if we do go outside, the bugs tear them up.  It's just ridiculous. 

Here's the Word of the Day:


feign \FEYN\, verb:

1. To represent fictitiously; put on an appearance of.
2. To invent fictitiously or deceptively, as a story or an excuse.
3. To make believe; pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment