Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Park Problems

I took the boys to the playground yesterday, but we only stayed for about 20 minutes because it was too hot; I suspected that it would be, but they really wanted to go. 

While my sweet and innocent little boys played in the sand and ran around with their little smiles stretched across their faces, I was looking at all of the disgusting pictures and messages written in  permanent marker on the wooden posts of the pavilion.  Every time that I drive by and see teenagers hanging out at the playground I know that they’re up to no good and I think to myself “Losers”.  Last time I checked the BABY swings were for BABIES and not for 16-year-old girls.  Lindsey and I always laugh at them, but then Don reminds me that if that’s the worst thing our kids do, well then we’re lucky.  But it turns out that I am right, they are up to no good, because the messages on the wall went like this: Chandler is a Penis.  Mark is a Penis.  Sarah is a penis.  And then there were lots of pictures of penises ALL over the posts.  There was a funny looking guy scratching his penis and then the word itself, “PENIS”, written in bubble letters.  (That was a girl, which is very disturbing.  Last time I checked BOYS don’t write in bubble letters.)  I guess this much is true: The only teenagers that I will like will be my own, which is probably normal.   And YOU, Zoe, if you are reading!  But see, Zoe, you would never find that kind of activity fun, right?  Because you aren't a loser!  (Zoe is my 17-year-old cousin.)

First of all, what kinds of teenagers do that?  I know that when my friends and I were teenagers we had more important endeavors than drawing penises on a wall on a Friday night.   Secondly,  is it really THAT funny? 

My first thought was that I was going to call someone and and ask them to clean it up.  My second thought was that this is why extra-curricular activities are so important.  My goal is to keep my kids so busy that they don't have time for drugs, drinking, the opposite sex (serious relationships anyway), and drawing penises.

Kids!  Glad I never was one.  HA!

Word of the Day: 
 
assay \a-SEY\, verb:
1. To examine or analyze.
2. In metallurgy, to analyze (an ore, alloy, etc.) in order to determine the quantity of gold, silver, or other metal in it.
3. To attempt; try.


No comments:

Post a Comment