Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Fighter

I was reading that Casey Anthony is planning on wearing disguises and changing her name after being released from prison.   The article said that she doesn’t fully understand how many people hate her on the outside; she just thinks that there are a few crazy people out there that hate her.  Man, that girl really is in denial!  Can you imagine going next door with a Bundt cake and discovering that your new neighbor is Casey Anthony?  She’s said that she won’t have plastic surgery, but I think that’s a mistake on her part.  If I had the most hated face in America, I would change it.  She’s not all that pretty anyway, she could use the work. 

I watched “The Fighter” last night with Mark Wahlberg.  (I’m still tempted to say Marky Mark!)  It was a pretty good movie.  I usually can’t watch fighting because the spraying of blood makes me sick and I also hate looking at their gross cauliflower-shaped ears, but this movie wasn’t bad.  It is about Micky Ward (who I had never heard of) and his older half-brother, Dicky Ecklund.  Ecklund became a crack head sometime in the 80’s.  He was most known for knocking out Sugar Ray Leonard in the 70’s…..or did he trip?  Some say that he just tripped, but I wouldn’t know because I wasn’t even born yet.  Ladies, I will warn you, Christian Bale looks disgusting—playing a crack head will do that—but Marky Mark makes up for it.  Amy Adams played Ward’s girlfriend and she was really good. 
I almost forgot to mention that last night when I was tucking the boys in, we prayed and I taught them how to clasp their hands and say "Amen".  They sound so sweet.  Dylan says "Ayyyyyyyy  Mennnnnnnn"  while Carson jabbers about Heaven being up and in the sky.  I know that they don't really understand yet, but it's still so sweet and I am trying to start good habits. 

Have a great day!

Here’s the Word of the Day:


gumption \GUHMP-shuhn\, noun:
1. Initiative; aggressiveness; resourcefulness.
2. Courage; spunk; guts.


1 comment:

  1. Sweet Britt and so recently from God our toddlers!
    Logan just finished the 2nd Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete