Monday, July 25, 2011

Winehouse and Flatbed Trucks

First of all, doesn’t it suck about Amy Winehouse?  It’s sad, but I am irritated that the media is acting surprised.  Really?  You’re surprised?  Did you look at her?  Did you watch her talk and walk?  Did you actually listen to her music? “They tried to make me go to rehab, I said noooo nooo nooo.”   I mean, my gosh.  Don’t act surprised.   It’s like being surprised that a 1000 pound man has a heart attack.   I am shocked that it didn’t happen earlier.  What is sad is that she made a lot of money, not only because she’s a great musician, but because of her whole image.  Maybe she was afraid to change.  Chris Farley was afraid to lose weight because people liked to laugh and “the fat guy”, which is one reason that he was depressed and overdosed.  It would be cool if people would endorse only acceptable things, but I can’t talk.  I love Chris Farley and I bought “Back to Black” and listened to it regularly.  People love watching stupidity and train wrecks.

Speaking of stupidity, I passed a flatbed truck on Friday that said “Its better in my bed”.  First of all, wow.  What clever sexual humor.  How incredibly sexy, right ladies?  Wouldn't you like to meet the stud who thought that one up?  Can you see him at a bar?  He's the guy that we all avoid, right?  Secondly, ITS is supposed to have an apostrophe, which irritated me.  Why don’t people check their spelling and grammar before they advertise for their business?  I think I know why.  I have a visual of the guy right now…..right hand sticking out of his pants like Al Bundy, he’s spitting his chewin’  tabacci, his left hand is working hard to stick those stupid letters on straight.  He’s thinking “The ladies are sure to love this right here.  I must be the sexiest, most clever son of a—” What a shame.  It may have appealed to me, had he only remembered that apostrophe! 
People are so stupid on the road in general, and although I got to Kentucky safely, there were a few moments where I realized how dangerous the highways are.  And there is only one thing worse than a bad female driver.....a man who drives like bad female driver.  It's so annoying.  And, it's unatrractive.  I remember when I was single, if I went out with a guy who drove like a girl, I was instantly unattracted.  To me, guys are supposed to be good drivers, in control, and smart.  Fast drivers are ok, but if they act like idiots and their instincts suck, it's unattractive.  I see a guy that doesn't know how to drive and I think that he is the biggest dork.  I seriously wish that we had tickers on our cars so we could write messages to bad drivers.  This guy almost hit me because he was riding my butt so closely, and it didn't matter which lane I was in and how hard I tried to get away from him, he was behind me.  He was going off the road, switching lanes for no reason at all, and being aggressive.  If I had had a board for messages I would have told him that he drives like a girl.  AND I would've said that he was a douche.  I'm right too, because when I got a chance to look at him I saw that he was wearing a visor and all of his hair was spraying out like a cartoon character.

So far things are going really well with the kids.  There hasn’t been any fighting at all, and I can tell that my mom and Greg really worked with them.  I was so excited to see them, and I can tell that I needed the break because now I am so calm and happy to be with them.  Lindsey is going to be the most work right now because I can tell that she still needs to fix some bad habits, and that’s all they are, habits.  She’s used to being negative with Logan and she doesn’t even know that she’s doing it.  (Since she’s been here.)  I just calmly remind her that we’re starting fresh, and she’s fine. 

Carson and Dylan played ALL day with Logan and Lindsey.  Dylan won’t leave Lindsey’s side for a second, and Carson cried so hysterically at bedtime last night for Logan I had to let him sleep in the room with him.  (Logan slept in Carson’s room, that is.) 

I have a lot to do today.  Football starts tonight and I have a lot of errands to run.  Things are about to get crazy again! 


Here’s the Word of the Day:




handsel \HAN-suhl\, noun:
1. First encounter with or use of something taken as a token of what will follow.
2. A gift or token for good luck or as an expression of good wishes.
3. A first installment of payment.


No comments:

Post a Comment