Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Power Outage

Around 4 am the power went out for a couple of hours.  I woke up because the alarm beeped and I heard everything shut off.  It stormed yesterday, bad enough for football to be cancelled, so I assume  that something was damaged and they had to work on it in the middle of the night.  I don't know why I'm like a five-year-old, but when it shut off my first thought was "What if an intruder cut our power?"  How ridiculous is that?  I also had a very bad headache and I was afraid to go downstairs to get some medicine because, well, I don't know why I was afraid, because it was stupid.  I looked out the window and was relieved to see that the entire cul-de-sac was dark and that an intruder had not cut our power, but then I was afraid to go get the medicine because I couldn't see.  I was afraid that I would tumble down the stairs and break my neck.  Once again, so silly and stupid.  I had tried waking Don, but he could sleep through a tornado, so I had to get over my adolescent fears. I rummaged around for a lighter, which was difficult to find since I don't smoke.  I finally found one, lit a candle and went downstairs to get medicine for my pounding head.    I am such a baby, aren't I?  No wonder Lindsey is scared of everything! 

Pilates was strange today.  None of the regulars were there except me, and it's the regulars who actually enjoy the difficulty of the class.  (I have talked about this class several times in this blog.)  The people who have only come once, or have never been, are always the ones whining.  I understand talking about it being hard, and that type of thing, but requesting that the teacher change it for you?  That type of whining is unacceptable.  How about not coming to that class and trying another instead?  For example, when I came in this morning there was a lady saying "I don't want to do any arms today.  And I don't want to do anything that will put a strain on my back.  I only want to do abs."  I actually laughed and covered my mouth.....it just slipped out.  The instructor said "Well, I can't modify the whole class and what we do for one person, but you can do what you want, of course."  It turns out that this lady always says the same thing whenever she comes to one of the instructor's classes.  (I only know this because we were gossiping about her afterward and laughing about it.)  Some people are so annoying.  This instructor, I won't call her by name, says that they are always in need of Pilates instructors and she's trying to talk me into getting certified.  I would really like to do it, but I lack the confidence.  I have a hard time counting and talking while I work out because I get into my zone and breathe quietly.  Actually, it's pretty funny, when I lift weights with someone else I always lose count and sometimes ask them to count for me.  Counting reps and working out is like rubbing my tummy and patting my head.  I don't know, I am thinking about it and she said that she would help me.  They have a certification test in February.  Maybe I'll have to learn to count to 20 again. Ha ha. 

I know that I talk a lot about the things that annoy me in this blog and that I probably sound mean and negative sometimes, but I'm really not.  It's just that the older I get the more I notice how ridiculous people are and I use this blog to talk about it.  I guess my hope is that my readers can find comfort in knowing that we all get irritated by something and that it's okay.  We all get irritated by stupid people, traffic, and things that we can't control.  And I know that we all contribute to the chaos, but it feels good to vent about it when we're on the other side.  Anyway, I just thought that I would mention that and I hope that you can find humor in the things I find irritating!

Today we aren't doing anything eventful.  I am cleaning out closets and getting things organized.  I take lots of breaks and play with the kids, since I missed having them all together. 

Here's the Word of the Day:


mantic \MAN-tik\, adjective:

1. Of or pertaining to divination.
2. Having the power of divination.

No comments:

Post a Comment