Friday, July 29, 2011

TGIF

Yesterday I was singing that Katy Perry song,  "Last Friday Night", which is really appropriate, right?  Lindsey was listening to me chant "T-G-I-F, T-G-I-F, T-G-I-F," and she said "What does that mean?"  I sort of giggled because kids are so cute and I told her what it stood for.  Then I told her about that Friday night line-up on TV when I was a kid.  Remember, TGIF?  They aired Full House, Family Matters, Growing Pains, and at one point Dinosaurs?  Remember Dinosaurs?  "I'm the baby!"  I posted a picture below.  I remember it being cute, but it's actually sort of creepy looking!



I also remember a show with a basketball coach and his 10 kids, but I don't remember the name.  What was that called?  Anyway, I was telling the kids that I watched it every Friday night and my mom got me a babysitter.  I loved when she left because it was the only TV that I was ever allowed to watch.  She hated the TV, so it was a special treat when she wasn't there to tell me to turn it off.

I was talking about how awesome TGIF was and Don came in the room and said "TGIF sucked."  I was like "You know what?  YOU suck."  Haha.  TGIF ruled.

Have a great Friday!

Here's the Word of the Day:

aureate \AWR-ee-it\, adjective:

1. Characterized by an ornate style of writing or speaking.
2. Golden or gilded.
3. Brilliant; splendid.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember TGIF! I loved TGIF! Full House was the best, of course. That's where Mr. Bear got his name. I remember the show Dinosaurs. The little guy would say, "I'm that baby. Not the mama!". Haha! And the show you were trying to think of was called "Just the Ten of Us". Clearly you and I were COOL and Don was NOT! Childhood memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TGIF was the BEST!!! Tell Don he needs to recognize!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that where "I'm the baby, gotta love me" came from?????

    ReplyDelete