Saturday, July 16, 2011

Did you know they served THAT at Taco Bell?

First, let me get one thing straight….I am pretty good about admitting when I am wrong. 

A few days ago I posted about the “loser” teenagers drawing penises all over the wooden posts of the pavilion at the playground.  I am aware that teenagers would surely call me “old” if they read that entry, but I am not concerned about that.  Defacing public property is never ok, and they know better.  (I complained, by the way.  Someone may have already fixed it.)  What I am concerned about is that I have forgotten how ridiculous I once was as a teenager and how easy it was for me to judge them.  I know that I remember a lot, because my friends and I always laugh about Mr. Mueller literally throwing me and my books out of the classroom while I laughed and thought it was a joke….he was seriously pissed—I got kicked out of Honors and had to go to the normal English class.  We often talk about how I was always in trouble for talking, and I was always laughing and making jokes at the worst times. I once laughed for five minutes straight while delivering the news to the entire school, LIVE, because someone in the studio farted really loud.  How very mature of me.  My teacher never heard the noise, and even if he had, I am sure that he wouldn’t have found it amusing or acceptable that I couldn’t pull it together and read the damned teleprompter because someone passed gas.  I was always grounded because I talked in class and got bad grades.  My point in mentioning all of this is that I realize, what makes us old isn’t just responsibilities and our tastes changing, it’s forgetting about the things that we used to find amusing.  If we forget these things, we are bound to hate teenagers.  And how did we feel when adults hated us for out immaturity?  I am still very unhappy that there are penises drawn all over the posts at the park.  It was against the law and it was wrong.  They should not have done it.  But I remembered today that I have done stupid things too, and I thought that I would share.   If you recall, I said something along the lines of “How funny are penises?  Really?  Why is that funny?  Grow up!”  Blah, blah, blah. That’s the part that I am focusing on.

So here’s the stupid story….Michelle, Kellie, Julie and I—sorry girls, I am calling you out—drove around one night in my car and videotaped our random excursion.  We saw a dork that we knew walking out of the movie theatre and we yelled out the name of the girl he liked (Julie), just to get him to turn around.  He did.  Then we stole an orange street cone, but ended up throwing it out the window because it had mud all over it.  Last but not least….I drove up to Taco Bell where Michelle proceeded to order “Two hard tacos, 1 nacho, and a LARGE PENIS!”  All I remember is that I was laughing hysterically and I spun out the tires because I took off so fast.  Michelle screamed “Brittany!  You were supposed to wait for her to answer!”  But I just kept laughing and driving away!  We were all laughing so hysterically and I would say that this is right up there with the kids who drew penises on the pavilion, right?  No, we didn’t deface public property, but we were just as immature and evidently penises ARE funny when you’re 16!  We weren’t drinking, smoking, doing drugs—we were just good kids, being stupid.  When I am wrong, I say I am wrong.  End of story.

Kel, do you still have that tape???  Can you imagine if our parents would have found it?  They would’ve thought that there was something wrong with us!  What nerds we were! 

A closing message to my girls….. We’ve done dumb and sometimes dangerous things together and we’ve protected each other too many times to count— all of the experiences are priceless to me.  We’ve been through hard times, good times, and we’ve stuck together no matter what.  I have always said that God blessed me with great friends at an early age, and I was right.  You are irreplaceable, and I wouldn’t be the person that I am today without your friendships.  Thank you for always believing in me, for protecting me, for listening to me, for putting up with my running mouth, and for loving me unconditionally.  I love you all.  It’s been a blessing to watch you grow up, and for you to be with me as I have grown up.  Now we just have to remind each other of the stupid crap that we used to do so we can relate to our own teenagers!  Remember….penises are funny, just not at the playground. 

Feel free to post memories!  I typically forget stories from back in the day and I would love to be reminded!  Nothing too bad though; my parents read this!  I may get grounded again just for old time’s sake.  Mom, I know you’ll remember this one….remember when Katie punched my old boyfriend in the face for pushing me and he flung over the back of a chair?  How happy were you when we called you from a payphone at 2 in the morning?  Damn, Katie, we had to use a payphone?  That WAS a long time ago!  Do they even make those anymore???  Where was our cell phone? 

Here’s the Word of the Day:


abject \ab-JEKT\, adjective:
1. Utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched.
2. Contemptible; despicable.

3 comments:

  1. Katie will forever be in my heart for knocking that idiot out! And the phone call(s) in the middle of the night when you and your girls were in trouble . . . the stuff mom's dream of! Of course the ultimate phone call was from Brady Street from Brea. Can I just say that mothers pray constantly that the guardian angels do their jobs when their kids become teens. Love you and happy we all survived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was crying laughing reading this!! I totally forgot about that infamous Taco Bell order! When I read your earlier post about the penises everywhere, I thought to myself what dummies and who are their parents! Boy are we quick to judge sometimes! Even though it is never okay to deface public property, penis jokes are funny! We did stupid stuff when we were teenagers and we had good parents and were for the most part good kids. It's just so funny and kind of sad how easily we forget sometimes. We definitely need to find that tape!!!

    ReplyDelete