Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Gotta Comment....

I just have to comment on this Casey Anthony case, like everyone else.  I have to say that I am sickened by the fact that Casey Anthony was acquitted.  I understand how a court of law works and I am happy that we have a system like the one we do.  However, I am beginning to doubt that it’s a good idea to put our fates in the hands of our peers because obviously, intelligence isn’t taken into account when the jurors are chosen.  I understand that there wasn’t a lot of forensic evidence—lucky for her they didn’t find the body early enough.  What I don’t understand is that a lot of cases are lacking in clear-cut forensics, right?  How many cases end up like this one…..circumstantial evidence painting a picture of common sense? How many cases can you look at a piece of forensic evidence and think “Well, there could be another reason for that”?  I guess unless you have a video tape of one person killing another there’s always a chance that you’re condemning them unfairly, if you want to dismiss evidence the way that this jury did.   I don’t even understand why a lot of the prosecution’s evidence was considered circumstantial anyway.  When Scott Peterson had a girlfriend it wasn’t considered circumstantial, neither were his computer searches—all of it painted a picture, and he’s now on death row.  This has to be the stupidest jury on the face of the planet because NO mother waits 30 seconds to report her child missing.   NO mother goes out and parties for 30 days after a kidnapping or an accidental drowning.  No mother enters herself into a HOT BODY contest when her toddler has just passed.  The only kind of mother that gets a tattoo when her child has just died in secret is a guilty one.  I am angry.  However, I have been thinking….she would probably be safer in prison.  Seriously, there are a lot of people who are outraged and what to hurt her.  And even if no one hurts her, what kind of life will she lead?  Who’s going to hire her?  Marry her?  Will she have more kids?  There won’t be a day in her life that someone doesn’t look at her and think “Murderer”, even if she writes a book and makes a million.  I guess at this point the only judge we can depend on is the one who counts the most….God. 

If you are on the fence about the death penalty, which I am (even though I think that Casey Anthony should have been found guilty), watch "The Life of David Gale". 


Here's the Word of the Day:



stonewall \STOHN-wawl\, verb:

1. To block, stall, or resist intentionally.
2. In cricket, to play a defensive game, as by persistently blocking the ball instead of batting it for distance and runs.
3. To filibuster.

1 comment:

  1. I just sent you the link to the NYTimes article about this and I should have known that youwould have already posted. Aabsolutely disgusting outcome. I hope she never has any more children - a license to parent is seriously needed in our country. First question . . . true or false . . . my needs, wishes, whims, desire for fun, wants, are more important than my child's.

    ReplyDelete