Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Recap

I love those moments when you realize that your children are paying attention to you.....and then that sort of scares me too, since I am not perfect and I am not always the BEST example.  I hate that they witness the "do as I say, not as I do" approach sometimes, but I am only human.

I was carrying Carson in the grocery store over the weekend and he saw a picture of Spongebob Squarepants and he said "Mama."  He grabbed my cheeks and turned my head toward his little face like he always does.  He said "Spongebob makes people dumb."  I laughed and said "Yes, Carson!  That show DOES make people dumb!"  It was so cute and proof that the kid misses nothing.  I would squeeze my boys all day long if I could; they are both so adorable.  I pretty much did just that for three and a half years when I was home with them. 

Carson was particularly adorable this weekend, kissing and hugging me and saying "I miss you, Mama."  Can you take it?  Geez, so sweet.  I feel my heart clench sometimes from being with them.  When they do something cute, I don't know how to describe it.  Anyway, that same day, Carson told Lindsey that I have two names.  "Mama" and "Bittany".  I have never heard a kid say my name and it NOT be adorable.  They can't say Brittany for some reason and it always sounds so cute.  My niece calls me "Aunty Brinty" and I hope she never fixes it.

We had a good weekend.  Friday night we chilled at home and got to bed early.  Saturday morning we had to get up very early for the kids' game; it was at 9 am, but it was 25 minutes away and we had to be there at 8:15.  We would have been on time, but Lindsey realized (10 minutes down the road) that she didn't have her cheer shoes.  I had to turn around and get them, which made us late and she had to sit out for a quarter for punishment.  (Squad's rule, not mine.)

After the game (we won, by the way), Lindsey and I went to get her pointe shoes.  She starts pointe on Wednesday.  Trying on pointe shoes takes about an hour because feet are all so different.  Here are a couple of pictures:


She says that this doesn't hurt!

On pointe in her cheerleading uniform. 
Think it's time to choose something???  I DO!

Carson pooped in his pants while we were in the dance shop, which was lovely.  I don't even care to talk about that and I am sure you're happy about that!  After the dance shop, we went to buy a birthday present for Lindsey's friend; Lindsey went to a slumber party that night.  Logan had a friend over that same night and we got movies, pizza and cupcakes.  We watched "Puss in Boots" and "The Hunger Games".  I didn't like "Hunger Games" at all.  I had to watch it with Lindsey on Sunday too, which sucked for me, but I did it anyway.

We chilled yesterday and I did laundry and cleaned the house. 

That was my weekend!  Rest, time with the kids, and lots of little smiles.  I love my kids' smiles.  So precious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment