Monday, October 22, 2012

Can't Roll With That

I was driving to work this morning and heard THE dumbest song ever.  I hated it when it came out when I was a teenager, so now I despise it even more. 

Drumroll please?

It is Savage Garden's "I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You".  Can you say STALKER?  That is the worst song EVER!  It's horrible!  You can't love anyone before you know them, unless the individual is in your uterus.  It seriously has to be the worst I-wanna-throw-up-right-now love song of all time.  Let's just break it down right now.  For the first two years of a relationship, you are on a high.  You can't even without a doubt be sure that someone loves you or that you love them until the feelings of euphoria subside and that can take two years (if you're lucky).  Sometimes it only takes a minute or a few weeks or months to decide that someone sucks beyond belief.  So given the fact that you can decide that someone is a psycho, a transvestite, a narcissist, has bad teeth, bad breath, mommy issues, or narcolepsy in a matter of 60 seconds, I would say that it is a very bad idea to say that you love someone before you have even met them.

This brings to mind a scene from one of my favorite movies of all time, "Swingers"......watch and learn. 


http://youtu.be/3ebUwADGORQ


The clip cut off one of my favorite lines....."Can't roll with that.  She's business class."  (Big butt, can't fly coach.)


No comments:

Post a Comment