Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Playing Catch-Up, yet again......

I'm kind of wondering if I am going to have change the name of this blog to "Haphazard Weekly" with the way that I am NOT writing.  There really aren't enough hours in the day.  I get up at 5:50; the big kids leave at 6:35, and then I head out the door at 8:00, drop the boys off around 8:15 and head to work.  I leave after 5:00 most of the time, and Lindsey has dance sometimes until 9:00 (yes, at night).  I go to the gym pretty much every day, and we all grab something to eat, spend a little time together, and crash.  Well, crash isn't really the right word.  I fall asleep around midnight because I am usually so wound up, and the boys may fall asleep around 10:30.  I spend the time that I do have snuggling with the boys because I am going through withdrawal.  I miss my kids like crazy, even though I really love my job.  Anyway, there is no time to write, so I came to work early today so I could. 

I can't even remember where I left off about Milwaukee, but all I know is that niece was crying and wailing for me when I got out of the car at the airport.  She was screaming "Auntie Brinty, NOOOOO!  I don't want you to leave!"  I got back into the car and gave her kisses and hugs, and then I started crying.  I love her so much.  I had a really great time with everyone.  OH yeah!  I left off on Sunday, I think.  Ash had a birthday dinner at a Middle Eastern restaurant and we went mini-bowling that night.  My friend, Nick, "fake" proposed to Ash at dinner because they made a deal about 12 years ago that if neither one of them were married by the time they were 30, they would get married.  It was very funny and no, they are not engaged.  Nick brought the ring that he had given to his bitch fiance who cheated on him (he called it off because he found some rather disturbing evidence of her cheating) and he pulled it out for the fake proposal. 

So basically, since I started this job, I have not had one weekend to rest or catch up on chores or laundry or errands or bills....nada.  I keep waiting to crash on my face, but my ADHD and coffee are keeping me going.  I don't even hit snooze in the morning.  I don't get it.  I say that I have ADHD because I have always wondered if I have some kind of abnormal hyperactivity.  One of my kids does, but I assumed he didn't get it from me, like any other annoying quality that they possess.  Kidding.  Anyway, I am thanking God that I haven't crashed yet.  Hopefully I will get some stuff done this weekend, spend some time with my kiddos, and get some damn rest.

Last Friday I left work and headed straight for the airport.  I cut it close, but made it.  I worked SO hard not to have to check my bag, limiting the shoes for the weekend, and guess what!  They ran out of room and I had to check my bag....both there and back.  There was one lady boarding the plane (on the way to Tampa) who had three bags and she looked like the type of gal who believes that the rules don't apply to her.  Apparently they don't apply to her, since my bag got checked and she had three in the overhead compartment.

Anyway, I landed and walked toward baggage claim when I saw my best girlfriends waiting for me with a sign.  We all started screaming like sorority girls at a frat party.  We ran to each other, screaming and laughing.  I love them so much!  We haven't changed much since we were 15 and it's always a blast being with them.  We hung out at the house Friday night and then we got up the next day and went to the mall and Cheesecake Factory.  We went back home and rested while Kellie took a nap.  She absolutely CANNOT function on less than 6 hours of sleep, but the rest of us have kids and we are squealing with glee if we get 6 hours.  Kellie is the normal one. 

That night we had sushi at this AWESOME place and then went to World of Beer and Blend. 

There's more about that night and the next day that I will continue to write about tomorrow, but I am officially out of time.  For now, here are a couple of pictures (I only have time to post the ones saved to my computer) and below them is a link to a Jenna Marbles video about girls who suck at the airport.  SO funny and totally worth your time.  Jenna never wastes a minute of your time.  That's my girl right there. 

Me, Brea, Kellie and Michelle
Michelle is missing, probably taking the picture.


Jenna Marbles talks about what girls wear at the airport....and by the way, she uses offensive language, so if you don't like it, don't watch it.

http://youtu.be/-G2ylVqE_Fs


No comments:

Post a Comment