Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Charms of Bretagne

I get a lot of questions about a couple of my necklaces. The charms say "Bretagne".  No one knows what they mean, and why would they?  I thought I would write about it.  Brittany is Bretagne in French.  My mom named me after the French province and her favorite little student, Brittany, back when she used to teach kindergarten.  We both feel like my name has been ruined somewhat since Britney Spears came along.  This may sound snobbish to make fun of Britney Spears, but do I care?  No.  I don't really like Britney Spears.  I don't dislike her with a passion, but I just don't like her.  It isn't really her that irritates me so much, but she has made my life inconvenient.  Everyone for the last 12 or so years has spelled my name incorrectly, even though my version is the original. Any Brittany will tell you, it irks them.  And by the way, she looks like Pac-Man when she laughs, or even better, like a Pez dispenser. 


RARRRRRRR!!!!  Say something funny so I can spit out candy!

See the similarities?
Ha ha ha ha ha
My mom also buys me bracelets and posters.  She recently sent me this....

It says "The Charms of Brittany"
So, if you ever see me with a strange piece of jewelry with a Coat of Arms, that's what's up with that.

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment