Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ode to Elton

I have a confession to make.  When I am really stressed out, I play Enya....and Elton John. 

I sing Elton John to my kids before they go to sleep at night; I always have.  I sang "You're song" to Logan and Lindsey when they were little, and I sing it to the boys as well.  Also on the list, I sing "Daniel", "Tiny Dancer" and "Rocket Man".  My kids love Elton John and it's sort of our thing.  Lindsey is my "Tiny Dancer".  The boys call it "Lulu's song". 

So I have been a little frantic lately, for a lot of reasons.  There have been a lot of changes in my life lately, a lot to get used to and balance, so I've been listening to a lot of Elton John.

Here's a link for my baby girl.....she's my Tiny Dancer.  I am really proud of her; she has her first pointe class today. 

http://youtu.be/hoskDZRLOCs

Lindsey, if you ever read this, I so enjoy watching you dance.  I was never as focused as you are at 11 and to get to pointe, you have to be strong and dedicated.  I am so very proud of you for always knowing what you love and throwing yourself into it.  You've been a dancer since you were in diapers, and I hope that you always have a love for it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment