Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Things I Hate Doing

Yesterday one of my friends noticed that I always need gas and we started talking about why.  That has inspired a blog entry. 

I consider myself to be a pretty patient person and not much of a complainer.  However, there are some things in life that I just don't like doing and I realize that I risk sounding like an idiot by writing them down right here, right now, but that's never stopped me before from admitting things I shouldn't.  I know that everyone hates some things for stupid reasons and I just choose to have a blog and talk about them. 
  1. Pumping gas.  It's boring and I don't like sitting around waiting for it to fill up. I don't like standing there and smelling it, I don't like freezing in the cold, I don't like standing there when it's 95 degrees.....I just don't like doing it.  The worst moment while pumping gas is when I have to look at the pump and see how much money it takes to fill up my tank.  I don't like buying gas because I know that there are ways that we COULD be making our cars move and not have to contribute to the oil problem.  We are fighting with the Middle East, and yet we're their bitch.  Oh, and China's too, but let's not get into that.  I think about the fighting that results from oil, the rich bastards making money from it, and then the simple fact that I will just have to fill it up again in a couple of days.  It just makes me angry.  I find that it helps to just put in 20 or 30 dollars at a time and then I trick myself into thinking that I am not spending that much on gas.  However, it doesn't work very well, because I have to stop more often.  Also, I think that the gas evaporates and I end up having to buy more than I would if I would just fill the stupid thing up.  I just want a segway.  I don't care how stupid they look.  I would rock one.
  2. Reading instructions.  When I say this, I mean, instructions of any kind.  I don't like instructions.  They are boring to read, they usually don't make any sense, and then I always do it wrong anyway.  I like to eyeball the product and figure it out myself, but then that results in damaging the product or never learning how to use it properly.  I realize, this is idiotic and a completely ADD-related thing, but it is what it is.
  3. Cleaning the shower.  Is there a suckier or more dangerous thing to clean in your home?  My shower is enclosed.  I first spray toxic chemicals and then scrub the shower with my face an inch away from the chemicals.  I am probably inhaling carcinogens and killing brain cells in the pursuit for a cleaner shower.  Also, there is never really a way to get the cleaner all off because you depend on a shower head that doesn't swivel to the far corners. 
  4. Using a level to hang pictures.  I don't like using levels or stud finders. I eyeball it and it works, ten holes later.
  5. Math. I don't even like figuring out a tip.  The present pangs of panic in my chest are a result of seeking help from my dad, any teacher, and every tutor from the age of nine to twenty-something.  I can get downright hot and sweaty when numbers are sitting in front of me and I patiently await someone to call me an idiot.  Thanks, Dad, for slamming my Algebra book on the ground and telling me I am "hopeless"!  I never disagreed. 
Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment