Friday, February 7, 2014

Flashback Friday-What Left With My Pigtails

    Me and Sushi
  1. Saturday Morning Cartoons.  My kids don't even know what it is to watch cartoons on Saturday mornings because they have cartoons 24/7.  Oh, and they suck. The cartoons suck, not my kids.
  2. Thinking that you just laid on each other during sex. Yeah, I am really glad I was wrong about that. 
  3. The Inability to Defend Myself.  I had a very limited list of anger phrases.   It consisted of "YOU'RE MEAN" and I only said it to my mom.  I never said anything if a child was pushing me, stealing my place in line, or saying something mean.  I just remember thinking they were mean.  lol. 
  4. New Kids on the Block.  And thank God.  I never really was crazy about them.  I liked a couple of songs, but I was too busy listening to my dad's Beatles records.....yes, records.  I found them in my mom's basement when I was digging around and my whole 3rd grade year, I got to know them. On repeat.
  5. Knee skins. I'll tell you, I was the PRISSIEST little girl, but man, I always skinned my knees.  It took like 20 years for the scars to fade.  When I say prissy, I mean that my dresses all had bells in them so I could make sounds when I twirled.  Really.
  6. Tree Climbing. I would totally climb a tree today, if I weren't working and yelling at my kids to be careful climbing trees and for hitting each other with sticks. 
  7. Freedom to pick between doing nothing and doing nothing. Now, if I do nothing, I am robbing from something else and I MOST CERTAINLY pay for it later, not to mention, I feel guilty about it.
  8. The Wake-up Calls. I will tell you for sure, I would rather my mom wake me up than my stupid alarm clock.  I got an iPod dock and thought that it would be better to wake up to a song I liked, but that doesn't work because I end up hating whatever song is going off.  
  9. Black and White Thinking. I actually struggled a lot with this as a child; I don't know if everyone did, but I really did.  It almost consumed me sometimes.  I remember seeing a lot of grey areas in the world and my life and they confused me a lot because I had limited reasoning skills.  I could only categorize things into two columns...black and white.  But I SAW grey, so I remember being very conflicted, my whole childhood. 
  10. The ability to play with dolls. I really got sad about this when Lindsey started playing with baby dolls.  I would try to play with her, but it wasn't the same and I was always afraid that she knew I was faking it.  Once you have real babies, playing with a creepy piece of plastic with fake, drawn on hair.....it just isn't the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment