Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Top 10-Indications that I am a Girl

  1. I twirl my hair. I know that this is a really bad habit, but it's so long and it is just hanging there, so if I fidget, I reach for my hair.
  2. I'm installing a chandelier in my bedroom, even though my contractor says I'll have a problem with circulation.  They make oscillating fans.  It's going to look pretty.
  3. My grocery cart has yogurt and hummus in it rather than steak and potatoes. I only cook red meat when I am with a guy and I really only eat sweet potatoes.
  4. I'm not a very good driver. I hop curbs. A lot.
  5. I can't assemble or fix things. Now I guess this isn't exactly a girl quality, but whatever it is, I definitely am not good at this.  I put a bookshelf together a few years ago, it was from IKEA and it was going in the kids' room. I was so proud of myself but when I picked it up, I realized that I had nailed the backboard in backwards.  The prettier painted side was not exposed, but the ugly cardboard side was. It never works out for me.  Last year, I tried to fix my lug nut things on the toilet. After trying to fix it for an hour, I ended up throwing the tool and calling a guy friend.   
  6. I tend to think I am low-maintenance, but the feedback I get makes me think otherwise. I don't really think I am high-maintenance, but I am particular about what I eat, my workout schedule, my hair, my time in general, and I tend to self-reflect a lot.  And then there are the normal things like matching your bra and underwear every day. I mean, that's just typical girl though.  Right? I also never order things the way they come, so I guess this is by definition, high-maintenance.
  7. I don't like sports. I would like to participate in sports, the ones without balls, and although I CAN watch and have fun, there are a lot of things I would rather do with my time.....like read "The Notebook" or go to yoga. Ha ha.
  8. I cannot watch a show in silence or without moving.  I hop up a million times to switch out laundry; I remember all of the things I have to do and I cannot sit still, which is why I don't watch any TV. 
  9. I cry. I really hate this, but it's true. Sometimes I have a hard time thinking "so what". I can also be logical, so I guess those moments are okay.
  10. I squealed during "Magic Mike".  I mean, come on.  I also squeal during cute and climatic moments in chick flicks....and then the more leveled side says "Yeah right, that was so stupid.  That's not real."

No comments:

Post a Comment