Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Savor the Moment



This is a hard quote to swallow because it's so true. It's like "it's better to have loved and loss than to never have loved at all." Yeah yeah yeah, we know, but it still hurts and if you're a person who doesn't like change (like me), then it's especially difficult to keep this quote into perspective. 

If you cry about something being over then it means that it was wonderful when it was happening (in most situations), so it's true that you should in fact, be happy that it happened. But it's hard not to be sad about it. 

When I had my first set of twins, I was 20 years old. My perspective of time was different than it is now. A year was 1/20th of my life. When I had Carson and Dylan, a year was 1/28th of my life, and and now, ugh, I don't even want to talk about how fast a year goes by. Anyway, when Carson and Dylan were babies, I knew how fast it would fly by because I couldn't believe that Logan and Lindsey were already 8, so I enjoyed every moment with them. And I mean that exactly how it sounds. Even in the middle of the night, even on really hard days, I tried to remember that one day it would be different and they would be grown. Plus, I'm pretty sure I had the cutest set of baby boys ever, so I mean, it was easy. ;) I try not to get sad that my babies are all in school now, but instead, I'm grateful that I stayed home with them and made the best of every moment with them. I wanted to savor every moment, and really did.



The moments you know you'll miss while they're happening are the hardest to get over. And then there are the moments that are happening to you and you are too dumb to realize you'll miss them one day. Then when you do, you wish you would've done things differently, you wish you would've enjoyed them more.....those are more filled with regret. 

I wonder what it would've been like to have Dr. Seuss as a dad, or better yet, a husband. You think he rhymed around the house? 


No comments:

Post a Comment