Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Man Blog

While creeping around randomly on the Internet, I found a list of blogs that men should be reading, which means that I should be reading them too. Heehee.

This blog is called "Just Call Her" and while there weren't many posts and I found some grammatical errors, I still liked his post on women and their bags...it seemed like a topic I would've written about. It's funny coming from a man. Read what he says first and then you can read my take on it below.....and by the way, his title irritates me. 

http://justcallher.com/handbag/

The Satchel-That's low maintenance.  Are you on a date or going camping? Where's your thermos?

The Clutch-He's got it all wrong.  The other time you bring a clutch (other than formal events, that is) is when all you need is your money and your ID, or in other words, you're going out to get drunk and go dancing. The girls who carry clutches are the same exact girls who typically carry something bigger than a bowling bag. If this same girl were going on a date, she probably would bring a clutch rather than appear to me a mental case, like he said, if she brings her big bag. 

Laptop Bag-Yeah, I can see how bringing this on a date might indicate a lack of free time, or the tendency to work excessively. Or maybe you're like me and you realize that rather than bringing 4 bags with you, you can consolidate by bringing only your laptop bag. Oh wait, I DO carry 4 bags rather than just my laptop bag. Seriously. He didn't have a section for the girl who looks like she's walking through a terminal. What's THAT mean? 

Shopping bag...I'm not even sure what to say about that. Is the girl homeless? A vegan who has brought her own snacks on your date? Is the dude taking her out at the food court? Because I'd probably go shopping too. No? Ok, well. Life isn't allll about your date, dude. Maybe she's efficient and wants to save on gas, so she stopped at The Body Shop on her way. 

The Big Ass Bag- The smaller the girl, the bigger the bag and sunglasses. Ever noticed that?  Psychological issues?  That's extreme. Does it take me five minutes to find my car keys? Yes, but at least if someone breaks out in poison ivy, I probably have the cure in my big ass bag! That's not psychologically a problem, except for maybe OCD, which, I mean, come on.....who doesn't want someone who is prepared for a nuclear holocaust? That tells me that this girl took the time to think about herself and everyone else when packing her bag.  And a put together girl digging to China through her giant bag-that's not psychologically a problem, that's the definition of a hot mess. Pay attention closely....look at the next girl doing this. She will look perfectly polished, but it'll take her 15 minutes to find a pen. That's the way it typically goes. By the way, who is left to go out with since 95% of girls have huge bags???

Hello, Kitty. Just don't go out with 10-year-olds? I don't know, yeah, that's kind of not ok. Unless you like anime and going to hang out at the mall. This guy likes to take his dates to the food court, apparently. 

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I really disagree with this guy. First of all, it's not the size of the bag, it's what's inside that counts. Personally, I don't trust any woman who doesn't carry a bunch of stuff in her purse. It means she's too simple or doesn't have a life. All women, all, should have a beautifully disorganized, messy, can't find my keys purse filled with useful stuff. The fact that this covers 99.9% of the women I've ever known gives me great comfort. So, the "threat level" is very low for the normal girl with the messy big purse.

    On the other hand, the little wide-eyed rabbit-boiler who talks about her ex-boyfriends on the first date? - Run, regardless of the purse size.

    ReplyDelete