Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

I am training on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday of this week, which means I have a day to hang out with the kids.  I had a very active weekend and was outside most of the time...it was awesome. :)  I thought I would be sorer, but I'm not any more than if I had lifted weights.  I climbed Kennesaw Mountain with a couple of girlfriends on Saturday morning and yesterday we went rock climbing.  I have pictures of us upside down on the boulders (it was a fake cave) and you are not harnessed.  You have all of your body weight pulling you down, so it's very difficult to climb.  I didn't trust my one arm to hang on when I moved my other, and I shouldn't have because it wasn't strong enough.  I fell.  I am really not afraid of heights at all, which surprises me. I climbed a wall without being harnessed, granted it wasn't very high, but still.  And on the really high ones I was harnessed, but I made it a point to look down and see if I got scared or dizzy...not one bit.  I love it.  I feel like a Spider Monkey.  I was starving the entire weekend because all I did was move. We all had a good time together. 

Last night before I got the kids back, I went hiking with my neighbor, Tammy, on these trails in my neighborhood.  I have heard about them, but I've never walked them because I liked to push the boys in their stroller on a smooth surface (when I used to take walks).  Anyway, these trails are gorgeous!  At the end of the trail, there's a really nice playground!  So the boys and I are leaving in a minute to go on our Adventure. 

I was telling Tammy that I would never go alone on these trails because there could be a psycho back there waiting to kill you.  And then I thought about it.  I said to Tammy "Can you imagine how boring it would be to hide in the woods for that long?  Just waiting on someone to come so you can kill them?"  Tammy said "Yeah, killers clearly don't have ADD!"  Ok, it's a morbid thought, I admit, but seriously.  How boring would it be to lurk or stalk someone?  Ain't nobody got time for that!

Have a great Monday!  And please say a prayer for Lindsey; she has cheerleading tryouts this week.  7th grade is the most competitive because the girls all saw last year that it was the cool thing to do, so now they are all trying out.  She’s cheered for I don’t know, five years I guess?  Still.  You never know…you can have a bad tryout.  Cheerleading season is insane for us because she still dances.  OMG.  THIS GIRL KILLS ME!  ALL of us.  She’d better appreciate it one day!  She has no idea how much money and time has gone into her.  She's amazing, and I love doing it, but when she's mean to me it really makes me mad.



No comments:

Post a Comment