Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

By now I have probably let you all know that I got a job as a legal assistant at a law firm, but just in case, I want to mention it.  YAY!  Thank you to all of my family and friends who have been praying for me and keeping me positive.  Mostly, thank you to God.  I hit a low point earlier this week and got really scared.  I prayed and begged like I never have before and that day I got an email asking me to come in for an interview.  I learned something about God....he'll never forsake you.


When I left Henry's, I really took some time to consider what I am interested in and where I can best use my skills while making decent money.  I looked at the market and where there's room to grow, and there is a need for paralegals.  Plus, I loved law in undergrad and had it been the right time in my life, or if I wouldn't have had children and been married, I probably would have chosen to go to law school...I liked it that much.  So anyway, when I was job hunting, I looked at everything in my field (writing, public relations, etc), but my main objective was to find a law firm.  I found one by chance and I really like the firm and the attorneys.  So long story short, I begin training tomorrow morning!  I feel a weight off my shoulders and I am so excited to do something new and show them what I can do.  My first class at Kennesaw, if I start school as soon as possible, starts the first week in June.  I kinda want to learn everything I need to know, and I think a combination of school and being in the right environment is a good way to learn.  Plus, those of you who know me know that I am a TOTAL NERD and love school.  If I could get paid to go to school the rest of my life, I so would.  I love studying. 

My family and friends are the best....thanks, guys. I love you.

By the way, I saw this quote the other day and it said "God doesn't give you anything you can't handle.  Apparently God thinks I'm a total bad-ass."  I laughed.....and thought about how I have two sets of twins....just sayin'. 


-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment