Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dylan's Cross

Dylan is my baby.  He may only be one minute younger than Carson, but he fills the "baby of the family" role perfectly.  You see, Dylan has the sweetest, gentlest heart and spirit I have ever encountered.  Carson is sweet, but he came out smaller and starving in comparison to his brother.  He was choosy about who held him, and this made him a little spunkier I like to say.  Carson only wanted me for a long time because the sound of my voice soothed him.  They brought him to me and his eyes were wide open, staring at me. Usually babies squint their eyes because it's shockingly bright....not CarsonCarson was alert.  Carson had surgery three times on his leg, so he’s tough and doesn’t complain about pain. Carson can be feisty, he is so smart, and he is by far the sassiest one of the two.  You have to earn Carson's attention and affection.  Dylan on the other hand is Chillin’ Dylan and loves everyone.  He is very intelligent without asking you to notice, he has become a clown, a comedian, yet he is super easy going and chill.  Dylan is hilarious and even his laugh is so adorable that you can't help but perk up when you're down.  He doesn’t have to have all of the attention and he doesn’t usually fight for the spotlight.  He lets Carson act crazy by sitting quietly; he waits his turn to freak out about something.  Like I said, he has the most gentle and sweet heart and spirit.  I could go on and on and tell everyone the amazing things that he has already done by the age of 4, but I choose to show you with a picture.

If you remember from last year, Dylan is Bo's owner.  Bo is the bear that he became attached to at age 1.  Bo became a part of the family.  He then adopted Joe, also a bear.  Bo and Joe are friends, but Bo is definitely the most special.  And then Dylan found Baby Panna, his panda that he chose on his 3rd birthday at the zoo.  These are the three things that Dylan loves the most; along with a couple of cars he calls "Finn McMissle" and "Blue car".  One thing is for certain...that there is always something in Dylan's hand; he never walks this earth alone.  I think he loves others too much to be alone, including his stuffed friends and toys.

Below is a picture of the latest thing he's attached himself to.  It is a porcelain cross with Baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph.  My mom sent it to him for Christmas and he loved it.  He called it his "present" at first and now he calls it his cross.  He can tell you who the baby is and says "Jesus loves Dylan and everybody." 

When he first got this cross, he shook the box and broke it into about 8 pieces before he even opened it.  He was so sad.  Grammy glued it back together and now he carries it everywhere.  It made me nervous for a while, giving my child a piece of glass to carry around, but I figure God is protecting him.  Also, Dylan knows not to drop it because he already had to have it fixed. 

Is this not the sweetest thing?  Mom, if you’re reading, he knows everything everyone gets him and he can tell you that this cross his from Nonna. 

Add caption

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetheart....I think the next cross I buy him will be plastic though! Hug from Nonna.

    ReplyDelete