Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Gravity

Lately I have felt like I have so many balls in the air that if I take one wrong step, they're all going to come crashing down around me.  For instance, I woke up this morning and every joint in my body was aching and I thought "NO!  Now everything will fall apart!"  If I get sick, it takes days to catch everything up.  And as much as I try to roll with the punches and laugh and smile and blow things off, every single aspect of my life has some kind of consequence if I do it incorrectly or not on time.  Most days I feel like my main goal is to keep everything at bay so I won't cry about it or get yelled at by someone later.

I know that balancing life is hard for everyone, in fact, I would be willing to say that it's THE hardest lesson for someone to learn.   Life changes constantly as do your roles, your abilities and your responsibilities.  I feel like I have always been silly, I like to have fun and laugh, I am definitely a dreamer.  Because of this, I feel like I am grasping for gravity on a daily basis.  I feel like I am looking for anything that I can to keep me focused and planted on the ground.  I make lists, I set alarms on my phone, I have an app for everything....but if you don't use these tools because you're too busy, that's a real problem.

I'll adjust.  It's not easy though. I had a crappy week last week and felt like I was drowning in a mess, in pretty much every way, and got caught up over the weekend...that was awesome.  Now I will probably get sick and get behind again. That seems to be how it works. 

Where is Mary Poppins when you need her?  I need Julie Andrews in a jar.








No comments:

Post a Comment