Friday, December 7, 2012

Flashback Friday-My First Memory

I don't have many memories before the age of five.  I probably have 5 total.  I don't remember my parents ever being in the same room together except two times, which is very bizarre if you ask me.  They divorced when I was five, almost six I guess, and I remember absolutely nothing.  One of the times I remember them being together was when I was riding my bike.  I went in the house to get something and heard them fighting, so I went back outside without what I had gone in for and I continued to ride my bike.  I remember it being dark in the house, almost all brown or something.  I remember really dark cabinets and a ramp outside that I used to ride my bike on.  That's it.  That's pretty much the only thing I remember of the two of them. I watch videos and think "Why don't I remember anything about this time?"  I remember nothing. 

Memories are strange.  Most of the time you are wrong about what happened in some way because they are subjective.  Something that was important to me may not have been to someone else, and vice versa.  I saw a lady on Oprah once who remembered every day of her life and she said it was horrible.  I'll bet!!! 

Anyway, I know what my earliest memory is.  I remember it so vividly that I had always assumed I was a lot older than I was....then I saw a picture of myself.  I remember sitting on my grandma's bathroom sink; it was a 60's countertop with gold sparkles.  I was wearing a bunny costume and my mom was painting whiskers on my face.  That's it.  That's what I remember.  It may not be a big memory, but I remember it like I was ten years old. So guess how old I was.  It was Halloween after my first birthday, which meant that I was 14 months old. That's crazy.  I can't remember my parents in the same room at five years old, but I remember getting whiskers painted on my face when I wore diapers.

What was your first memory? 


No comments:

Post a Comment