Monday, June 25, 2012

Sober Scattergories

Last night my very old friend, Nick, came over and my mom made a delicious dinner.  He was tired because he had just flown in from Italy, but he still came to see us because he has to go out of town again tomorrow.   We haven't seen each other in four years, so it was awesome.  After dinner we played Scattergories. Ash says it's the most fun to play while drinking, but I wouldn't know about that because we were all sober.  I lost all three games, but that's because Nick and Ashli cheated.  For example, one of the subjects was "things you would find on the seashore" and Ashli put "rapists, barbed wire, and Muslims".  Nick said "RAPE" as the VERB, and "Situation", as in Mike the Situation from Jersey Shore.  I put down things like rocks, shells, and rain and I still lost.  It was fun though.  The next subject was "things at a ski resort" and I used "rape and rapists" because I knew that I could count it without them getting lippy.  What kind of a beach has barbed wire, Muslims, Mike the Situation and rapists?  HA!

Ash and I crashed on the couch after Nick left.  We watched like two minutes of a George Clooney movie.  I woke up and had my coffee on the porch and talked to a friend on the phone.  A little while later, Katie came over with her new baby, Charlie, and we met up with Nick for lunch.

I am writing in Katie's office while she is working and nursing Charlie.  It's sort of funny watching her juggle everything because it is usually me who is about to go crazy with twelve million things to do at once....but it isn't today!  We are getting ready to pick up her son, Sam, and then I am running home to pack a bag for Chicago.  I am taking the train down tonight and coming back tomorrow.  I am planning on going to the art museum and a couple of other places by myself.  I am excited to be alone in my favorite city!  I used to love just walking around by myself when I went to school there.  I want to go to the T-Shirt Deli......ever heard of it?  I have always wanted to go.  It looks so cute.  

I will write more tomorrow.  I hope that everyone is having a great Monday! 






 

1 comment:

  1. This was an enjoyable and memorable night of sober Scattegories!

    ReplyDelete