Sunday, June 24, 2012

In the Cheesehead State.....

I am in Milwaukee and OMG, the weather is perfect!  I got in around 5:00 yesterday.  My flight was good, except that now my ear is stopped up and I am probably screaming at everyone.  My eardrum felt like it was going to explode when we were landing.  I hate that! 

When I got off of the plane yesterday, Ash and Matt, and my niece, Amelie, were waiting for me.  Amelie screamed "Auntie Brinty!!!!!" She ran to me, kissed me, hugged me, wouldn't let go and said she missed me.  She made me promise to sit with her in the backseat on the way home.  I didn't do much last night because I was tired.  I watched "A Clockwork Orange" with Matt, ate Jimmy Johns, passed out on the couch, and didn't move until the morning when Amelie climbed under my blanket.  Sleeping is something I could totally get used to; it was awesome.  I forgot to mention that I am here with no children, which means that I get to chill, sleep, and be an aunt for a week.  Every time I have ever been around Amelie I am busy taking care of my own kids, so I am so excited to spend some quality time with her.  We have been hanging out all day.  We just finished drawing with sidewalk chalk and we are now eating lunch with my mom outside.  I am taking her to the museum this week and we are doing our nails.  I told my sister that I want an entire day with her.  When I asked Amie what she wants to do this week, she said "Everything."  I guess she covered her bases. 

I am going for a walk by the lake today and then we are grilling out tonight.  I have some friends stopping by to see me. 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! 

-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment