Friday, June 22, 2012

Flashback Friday-Florida at 15

I can't remember if I have written about this or not, but I know that I have wanted to.  Katie, this one is for you......

When Katie and I were 15 we were in Tampa and my mom was at a conference.  We walked to a bad area of town and found a bum to buy us a bottle of liquor.  Um, Katie, this was ALL YOU, by the way!  I wasn’t that brave.  I remember standing there, looking at the guy, afraid.  You did all of the talking because you were the badass.  I remember trying the disgusting liquor and then sticking my mouth under the hotel faucet to get my tongue to stop burning.  We didn’t like it and we didn’t end up drinking it, Mom. 

A couple of days later we went to Sanibel Island.  We were walking around and shopping.  I just happened to be holding a ring in my hands; it was a cheap beaded ring.  Now keep in mind, I was a cheerleader and dancer.  I was NOT an athlete that played BALL sports.  I had like no aim or anything like that; I was a total girl and would purposely lose during the first round of dodge ball just so I didn't have to play anymore.  I hated sports that required balls.  Anyway, there were these guys hanging out of the car window and screaming at us.  I had this ring in my hand and without thinking, I threw it at one of the guy's faces and it hit him RIGHT IN BETWEEN THE EYES while the car was MOVING.  Katie looked at me and said "Where did that come from?"  We both burst out laughing.  I couldn’t throw a dart within 35 feet of the target, but I threw a ring in between this dude’s eyeballs while he was moving. 

Later we were at the mall and these ladies were selling belly bracelets at a kiosk.  One of the weird ladies selling them measured my tummy and then held the string out and said to me "If I sliced you open and laid you out, you would be this big!"  We were frightened.  She kept talking about slicing me open and how the skin wouldn’t cover a lot of area.  She’d say “THIS BIG” and give us a creepy face. 

I remember nothing else, other than buying SINGLES ON TAPE!!!!!

Remember that trip, Katie?  That was fun, wasn’t it?  Was this before or after we fell in love with Silverchair?

Have a great Friday!


subitize \SOO-bi-tahyz\, verb:
To perceive at a glance the number of items presented.


2 comments:

  1. I remember watching Seven in the Tampa Hotel room, and then falling asleep to Pearl Jam "better man" after being totally disgusted by it. I have to say that movie ruined that song for me. We fell in love with Silverchair before, but remember on the plane ride back that we were convinced Daniel Johns was on our plane...and we sat next to him. Didn't the fake Daniel Johns have an Englosh accent...and didn't we make him say words like "crumpets"? What dorks. And yes, Melinda...the bum was all my idea...one that I am not proud of...how dumb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally don't remember that fake daniel johns! Like, not at all! We made him say crumpets??? Nerds! Ash says she remembers. And yes. The head in the box in Seven was horrible. I hate that movie. Actually, that is like my least favorite Pearl Jam song! I thought it was because my cousin said "butter man, huh huh huh". But maybe it's because of Seven!!!!

      Delete