Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Ground Beneath Me

I have a relative who is in a very bad situation.  I hate her disgusting excuse for a husband who physically hurts her and there's nothing I can do to help her.  He is a total douche.  She is too afraid to leave and she won't listen to me or anyone else.  Last night I had a nightmare about him hurting her, so instead of driving to Indiana and beating his ass, I opened my laptop and started writing.  Don't laugh.  I am no poet.

The Ground Beneath Me 

I woke from a dream to a reality of lies.
I am alone in a storm, everything around me flies.
I can’t see through the leaves, but I can feel through the black.
As the wind smacks my cheek, the rain hits my back.
I am caught in a mess, I can’t breathe, I can’t see,
I am crying and scratching, I am alone in a tree.
I crawl down a branch, but then it starts to snap.
The person pointing the light is really full of crap.
I witness a smile on someone who harms.
His limbs are vicious snakes, pretending to be arms.
I can hear my heart thumping,
I feel the blood pumping.
I turn from the devil,
To the darkness I revel.
Everyone says they love you, until they love themselves more.
So I take a chance and I hope that I soar.
I jump, I free fall, I reach the very end.
I'm free, I'm alone, my bruises I'll mend. 
I carefully listen to the only present sound….
My fingers are scratching and clawing the ground.
The one thing not moving is beneath my chest.
I open my eyes and ignore all the rest.
I’m safe on the ground, away from all danger,
From the person who was really a sadistic stranger.
Me and the Earth, I am finally grounded….
No longer the from storm can I ever be pounded.

Please say prayers for her.  I have never talked about this before on my blog because I haven't wanted to announce her business, but she found a loaded gun and yet she sits there and does nothing.  She doesn't read my blog, so I am asking for people to pray.  Please pray for this unknown girl and her three small children.




1 comment: