Thursday, December 19, 2013

Who Does She Think She Is Writing About Relationships? She's Divorced!

I take it back....tomorrow will be about The Friend Zone because I have something to say before I go any further.

Not one time this week have I claimed to be a doctor or a professional, nor is this blog called "Relationships by Brittany".  However, it is called "Haphazard Daily", which means that it's random. I write about everything.  "Everything" includes relationships, just like it includes talk of my favorite color and band and lists of things that irritate me. 

Anyone who has read my blog more than once knows that I try to be humble and write about my experiences, mishaps and failures...I am not a person who intends on making myself look perfect. In fact, I constantly make fun of myself and talk about my flaws.  If I came off this week as a know-it-all, well then I guess I know more about men and relationships than I was even aware of myself.  I have received a lot of positive feedback and I have also received the predictable and childish comments about me being divorced and therefore, I shouldn't be writing about relationships.

Here's what I can say to that, with all due respect. ....

I have been in a relationship since I was 15. You don't learn nothing, even if you end up...dun dun dunnnnnn......divorced.  In fact, I know more about being in a relationship (how to fail and succeed) than I know about being single. And personally, I'd prefer to take advice from someone who has spent time in battle and gotten shot just as much as someone who is currently in the trenches. When I write this stuff, I actually care about passing on the knowledge that I've acquired so people can benefit from it.  We are all learning and we should be supportive.  If you don't want advice, don't take it.  If you respect my bluntness and honesty, thank you.  It is greatly appreciated.  I often go out on a ledge and I am prepared for people to try to push me off.  It's part of writing a blog.

 
Tomorrow: The Friend Zone


 
 

1 comment:

  1. So you have to consider the sources..... remember that your mother wrote a BOOK about relationships and my own sister laughed and criticized me to my own daughter and who knows who else about it.......jealousy, bitterness, unhappiness, and a laundry list of other"uglies" eat up some people and they just don't deserve your breath. No one is holding a gun to their head to read your blog. Free speech also means free choice to read, delete, turn off, unsubscribe. ..... whatever. Sometimes stupid is as stupid does. ... so says Forrest Gump. Full disclosure. ..I am the mother of this talented writer and I taught her that her thoughts were valuable at a very young age and encouraged her writing.

    ReplyDelete