Monday, December 2, 2013

C'mon Baby, Don't Unlight My Fire

I thought this picture was so funny that I had to post it on Facebook yesterday, so excuse the repeat of information if you've seen it. 

I have this big candle that smells like pine trees. The ones next to it are more like show candles; they don't smell like anything because I prefer not to mix scents. I like to light the candles during the day so my house will smell good and then I like the ambiance at night. I guess this means that I like to have them lit a lot. The problem is that the kids won't let me. They ask if they can blow them out a million times and I tell them "not yet". So they do this thing now where they walk up to the candles (mainly Carson), dramatically inhale and hold their breath, get close to the candles and pretend like they're going to blow them out. I say "Don't do it!" They sit and tease me a while until they decide to blow them out for real. I can't get mad at them for a few reasons. #1, that would be stupid. #2, they can be re-lit. #3, my boys are adorable. #4, if I were a kid, I would want to pretend it was my birthday every day too. #5, as long as they're blowing them out and not lighting them, I'm cool. #6, I'm enjoying their wonder and excitement. 

I can't tell you how much happiness these boys have given me.  Even the little things....I mean, look at that face. It's hilarious. 


On a side note, my house is two temperatures right now. Inferno and Igloo. I don't know what's going on but there is a twenty degree difference between floors. I find myself sleeping half-naked in the winter upstairs and sporting earmuffs downstairs. Anyway, the boys are spoiled and sleep with me. Carson didn't want to be hot, so he announced that he would be sleeping in his underwear. Dylan wanted me to sleep in the middle for equal snuggles, but I told him I wanted to sleep on the edge because I sleep better. Dylan was pleading with Carson. "Can I please sleep in the middle to be by Mama, Carson?" And Carson said "No. Only naked people get to sleep in the middle.That's the rule."  Haha. Dylan accepted that answer because he lacked personal research on the subject matter and he was probably so confused that he decided to let it go. Carson fell asleep first, so I moved him and let Dylan snuggle next to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment