Monday, July 16, 2012

Saturday in the Park

I wrote about Greg's "Turn It Around" movement with sheer joy yesterday, so I didn't mention what I did on Saturday night.  I have to mention it though because it was so nice and the kids absolutely loved it.

This annual event is called Gathering on the Green; it's in Mequon.  Basically, the Milwaukee symphony plays songs from famous movies and you sit on blankets and listen.  They play clips from the movies on a big screen once it's dark outside.  For those of you thinking that it sounds boring and stuffy, there is beer and wine and probably liquor to, so there.  Anyway, occasionally company dancers came out and performed to the music.  Superman and Darth Vader fought on the stage and Carson and Dylan thought that it was real.  They loved it.  Luckily, we had perfectly nice weather.  The kids enjoyed being outside and sitting on a blanket, eating, and running around.  I read my book and enjoyed the music.  

After the orchestra was finished, there were fireworks.  These were the greatest fireworks that I have ever seen.  They were very close to us, which was cool, and they synced them to music.  For example, they synced them to "Footloose" and "I've Had the Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing.  Dylan loved them, but Carson's little smile was worth the entire night.  The look on his face was one of the cutest things that I have ever seen in my life.  He was saying "Wow" and was so amazed by each firework.  I wish I could get that excited about fireworks, or anything.  Kids are the best.

Yesterday my mom took me shopping for a Coach bag, an early birthday present.  We hung around and I read my book while the kids played outside.  We went to mass at 7:00 and came back and had dinner.  We watched Batman Begins entirely too late and I fell asleep.  

I had a thought while I was watching Christian Bale play Batman last night.  Why are guys obsessed with Superman?  He isn't  that cool, and yet there are like 20 songs that talk about him and kryptonite. Superman wears tights.  Batman's outfit is way cooler.  And really?  No one is going to find out that you are Superman if the only thing hiding your identity is a pair of glasses?  It's so obvious that Clark is the same person.  Now a BAT mask can guard your identity.







No comments:

Post a Comment