Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Milwaukee Zoo

Katie, Ash and I took our kids to the zoo today.  Their zoo is way better than our zoo.  A while back I wrote about how it sucks that you can't see the animals anymore because the animal rights activists made us get rid of the cages and small rooms.  I am happy that the animals have room to roam at our zoo, but it makes seeing the animals difficult.  Apparently, if you were an animal it would be like hitting the lottery to end up at Zoo Atlanta because it's like Jurassic Park! In Milwaukee, however, they have the monkeys and gorillas in cages and rooms!  You can see everything very so well!  It's awesome!  The tigers are locked in a room in Milwaukee...ours are free to roam in what looks like the jungle!  I don't even think that Carson and Dylan understood how big and scary tigers are until today.  They loved it.  One of the tigers looked really angry at a kid who was clearly taunting him.  I kinda wanted to pull the Harry Potter trick and remove the glass for a second so the bratty kid could be eaten.  Oh, crap.  Did I say that out loud?  His dad wasn't any better.  He was like a third grader; he was banging on the glass and making faces at the tiger.  What a nerd.  

Ok, so the best part about the zoo is that they have the animals that we don't have.  We may have pandas, but they have polar bears, penguins, alligators, sharks, giant sea turtles, and seals.  We have none of those.  Carson and Dylan were so excited.  Personally, I was very excited to see the polar bear.  He looked very hot though and I felt sort of sorry for him.  He had a pool, but he just rested in the sun.  He must not be very smart.  He must just be thankful that he isn't clinging to an ice-cube in the middle of the Atlantic.   

I thought that some of the people that were roaming around the zoo belonged in cages as well.  MAN, there were some freaks at the Milwaukee Zoo today!  To quote Katie, "The people-watching today was top-notch!"  Many times throughout the day I cocked my head and said "Really?????  You just said that?"  People were such rude little bastards today!  

Hope you are having a fantastic day!  To all of my readers at home, I heard it got down to 72 degrees last night!  Awesome!  I hope you are staying cool.  Miss you all! 


By the way, I went to yoga this morning and the instructor didn't shave her armpits.....like, it's been probably five years.  Any reason for this that I am aware of?  What is the purpose of this hairiness?  It takes two seconds.  I just don't get it.  The mysteries of the world......


I am going to Zumba tomorrow with Katie and then we are doing a 5K at Bastille Days tomorrow night.  Yay!  If you want to know what Bastille Days is, here is a link....


http://www.easttown.com/events/bastille-days/storm-the-bastille



Oh, and I am aware of how mean I was today.  Just one of those days!  





No comments:

Post a Comment