Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nora Ephron

I haven't been writing because I have been busy and out of my element.  There are things that I have wanted to write about and haven't and it's really starting to irritate me.  For example, I haven't had a chance to say how extremely upset I am that Nora Ephron has passed away.  She was no doubt, my favorite screenplay writer.  For those of you with MALE PARTS, she wrote When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail.....to name a few.  They are tolerable romantic comedies for men and absolute favorites for women.  What was so awesome about her is that she had an ability to notice the differences between men and women and laugh about them.  (The argument about whether men and women can be friends, for example, is hilarious and something that we still ask.)  Her dialogue was priceless and her sense of humor was witty and unforgettable.  Her movies also give you hope that there are happy endings in real life, probably because she writes things as they are in reality. She writes about the cynics, the stupid, the arrogant, the broken-hearted......all people that we have to deal with daily, and yet among the chaos that exists with these people and throughout our lives, she tells us that there is still something to laugh about.  I love that she paid attention to the small things in life too.  There are things that everyone notices but never mentions and she did....this makes for a great movie.

My mom, my sister and I are watching a Nora Ephron movie every night this week (when we are not out and about).  I suggest that you do the same if you haven't seen her movies.  Yes, even you, men.  You would understand us a lot more if you watched movies written by Nora Ephron and Nancy Meyers.  (Nancy Meyers wrote What Women Want, It's Complicated, The Holiday, and Something's Gotta Give.)

We will miss you, Nora Ephron!


"So you're saying that a man CAN be friends with a woman he
finds UNATTRACTIVE?" Nope. You pretty much wanna nail them too.  

"Didn't you see Fatal Attraction?"
"The Godfather is the answer to any question.  What should I pack for my
summer vacation?  Leave the gun, take the cannoli.  What day of the
week is it?  Maunnday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday." 

No comments:

Post a Comment