Monday, July 9, 2012

Counting Crows Concert

Greg, Ash, Tyson, Torie and I went to Chicago on Saturday.  My mom kept all of the precious children.  We had so much fun!  First we got coffee together and then walked to the hotel to check Tyson and Torie in.  They had a little “babymoon” together at Swissotel. Greg, Ash and I went to see Counting Crows at Navy Pier. 

First of all, there were only supposed to be like 2000 people at this concert and I am not even sure there were that many.  It was in the ballroom at the end of the pier.  It was open bar, catered, and because Greg works for Groupon, we were VIP…..that was cool, even though I didn’t really use any of the perks because I wasn’t sure what they were.  We were so close to the stage; I couldn’t believe it and my sister (Mega Crows Fan) was jumping up and down and flipping out.  Grace Potter and the Nocturnals opened for them; she was really good!  I had heard of them but never listened to them; I will now. 

Everyone started to take their places near the stage and it seemed that a lot of us short girls were standing in a group.  A 6’3 a-hole with butterfly stitches and bruises all over his face squeezed his way through the crowd and parked his sorry ass right in front of us.  He was directly in front of a girl next to me; she was very irritated. I admit that I had a drink I my hand, but I know that the liquor is not the reason I said something to this rude bastard.  I always assume that if someone’s car is beat up, they suck at driving.  It’s the same thing with faces—if your face is beat up, you are more than likely a major butthead—the guy deserved us saying something because he is probably rude most of the time.  I tapped him and said “Excuse me, but she can’t see now.”  I pointed to the short girl.  He shrugged his shoulders.  I said “Aren’t you going to move?  We have been standing here for a long time trying to get a good spot and you shoved your way in front of her.”  He looked at me like he didn’t care.  I asked the girl next to me how tall she was.  I said “She is 5’1.  Aren’t you going to move?”  He said no.  I said “It looks like you run your mouth a lot.  Guess what!  So do I!  Move your ass!”  He rolled his eyes.  Then a couple of guys next to us got upset because he blew us off.  They said “You’re going to stand in front of a bunch of small girls and not move?”  I couldn’t hear anything else that they said, but there was some shoving and that was it.  We shut our mouths because we didn’t want a brawl.  The girls and I squeezed in front of the a-hole and called him names and made fun of his stitches, loud enough so that he could hear us.  (Very mature, I know.)  The rest of the concert was awesome, even though the jerk was sort of stepping on our feet and singing the whole time. 

Counting Crows are really great live and Adam Duritz seems so sweet and cool.  He almost seemed shy on stage…..so cute, considering he could be a major jerk after 20 years of fame.  They were really good AND they played “Colorblind”, which is my absolute favorite.  I taught myself this song on the piano and it’s my favorite thing to play; easy as well. 

Here are a couple of links and then below are pictures.

Grace Potter:

http://youtu.be/MA_ode55DFA


Colorblind:

http://youtu.be/164jS1qnCU0


Here are some pictures:

On the way to Chicago!

In the hotel room before we left for the concert
Date with the Daughters
Me and my brudder.....I love him.  We are outside of the hotel
View from the hotel room 
The River
From another window







1 comment:

  1. As I was reading I thought "I wonder if they played 'Colorblind'"? Then I got my answer!

    ReplyDelete