Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend in a Nutshell

The title reminds me of Austin Powers. "Help!  I'm in a nutshell!  How did I get into this nutshell?"  Ha ha.  Something is up with the spacing and I am not sure how to fix it, so oh well.

Friday night Logan had his party.  He had four boys over and they were complete sweethearts.  We went to the pool (I had 9 children, by the way, which was interesting) and then they camped out in the backyard for a little while and made Smores.  The plan was to sleep in the tents the entire night, but Logan told a stupid ghost story that made everyone want to come in.  The next morning we had breakfast and two of the boys went home.  I took the other two boys and my kids to the pool again.  (So, I was down to seven children.)  We stayed at the pool until Dylan started crying because he was tired.  When we got home one of the boys left.  Then Logan went home with the other boy, so I was down to four children.  I had to drop Lindsey, Peyton, Carson and Dylan off with Don’s dad because they were babysitting that night.  Don and I had a wedding to go to.  It was a lot of fun, but mainly because Kerri was there.  Here are some pictures that Don’s friend, David, sent to me.  Actually, David is the one with Don. 

Today I am playing catch up with the house and the laundry.  I can’t even discuss the laundry, it turns my stomach thinking about how fast it piles up around here.  All I did was the laundry and clean yesterday and it still looks like the house exploded.  I am going to the gym this morning and this afternoon the kids and I are going to the library because they are having a bird event.  I know that Carson and Dylan will LOVE to see birds up close.  They go crazy when they see one outside my bedroom window; there is a tree right up against the house.  I’m sure that the big kids won’t appreciate it much, but I told them that their little brothers are only little for a bit and then they won’t want to do this kind of stuff. 

And I am still trying to get the videos off of the camera.  Don is doing it for me, but it takes a long time and we are always short on time.  I wish you could literally buy time.  Wouldn’t that be cool?

Oh, the last picture is of me, Larry, and Kerri.  Larry is the sweetest guy and the funniest drunk.  He was SOOOOO drunk when we took this picture, which is why he had his glasses on.  Just before this was taken he told a guy that he "looked like he just sang a song" and the guy looked at him like he was strange; he was confused.  Well, Larry was looking at the guy's tux and he had on the long, Broadway-type tux.  You know, the long penguin tail?  It was funny.  Then he told one guy that he looked like Pee-Wee Herman, which he didn't.  The guy looked at me and laughed and said "Was he talking to me?"  I said that he was, but not to take it personally.  I said "You don't look like Pee-Wee at all, he's just drunk."  Luckily the man was nice enough to understand what huge amounts of alcohol do to a person! 

Here’s the Word of the Day and I have posted pictures below:

cosher \KOSH-er\, verb:
To treat with special fondness.






1 comment: