Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Water Ballet, No Water

Every Tuesday morning I go to Pilates for a good beating.  I have talked about this instructor many times since I have been blogging; she’s absolutely the best instructor of all time.  I love her so much that I always make sure to wear my tennis shoes so that if she isn’t there I can run or do something else.  I have a hard time going to other Pilates classes because they suffer in comparison.  This morning I wore flip-flops to class for some odd reason and she wasn’t there!  In fact, the worst instructor on the face of the planet was there and I had to leave during the warm-up because it looked like we were doing water ballet, minus the water.  She has a heavy accent and she’s probably around 75 years old.  Apparently the only requirement to teach at my gym is that you have a pulse.  Like I said, I had to leave, which means that I probably crushed her feelings and now I feel bad about it.  One of the instructors told me that I have “beautiful form” and that I should teach.  Maybe I should…..thinking about it.  I have a hard time counting while I work out though—just when you think that dumb blonde jokes are ridiculous! 
I am cleaning and doing more laundry today.  I am also hoping that I can finally finish my book.  I am reading “Never Let Me Go” by Kazuo Ishiguro.  It’s really good, but it’s disturbing and it’s affecting me a lot.  It’s about a community of students that grow up away from the outside world (in England) and have no idea that they were only created to be organ donors.  They are clones and one day they have to donate their organs to the person they were cloned from.  It feels so real because it’s told in first person and it’s really upsetting.  Not only do they have to die, but they have to care for each other while they are giving their “donations”.   Sometimes I wonder if the world will ever do something like this.  I hope I am dead by then.
Here’s the Word of the Day:

 
orison \AWR-uh-zuhn\, noun:
A prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment