Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ever After

Lindsey and I watched "Ever After" last night.  My friends and I went to see it in high school and Brea and I watched it every single weekend after it came out on DVD, or was it VHS?  HA!  Can't remember.  It was like 1999, so I don't think it was VHS, right?  What's my age again?  Anyway, I told Brea in a text last night that we were watching it.  She said "She'll probably watch it over and over again like we did!"  I fell asleep at the end of the movie and woke up to find Lindsey watching it for a second time, so I guess she liked it.  She just asked me two seconds ago if we could watch it again today.  For those of you who have never seen it, it is the REAL story of Cinderella.  It stars Drew Barrymore and Anjelica Huston.

I finished "Never Let me Go" last night.  It was extremely depressing and I was really upset by it.  Read it if you want to feel like throwing up, too.  The idea of cloning human beings and taking their organs is repulsive.  The novel is on my list of 1001 books to read, so I read it.  It is well written and it's gripping, but the ideas in it are sickening.  After you finish the book you can watch the movie, which I will not be doing.  I don't feel like going through that again.  Kiera Knightley is in the movie, so I assume it's well done.  I like her as an actress.

I woke up feeling sick and now Carson is throwing up.  One of these days I am going to go back through this blog and count the amount of times that someone gets sick every month.  Dylan threw up Monday night. 

Here's the Word of the Day:

crotchet \KROCH-it\, noun:
1. An odd fancy or whimsical notion.
2. A small hook.
3. In British musical nomenclature, a quarter note.
4. A curved surgical instrument with a sharp hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment