Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lindsey's Recital


Today I am going to work on getting all of the videos off of the video camera and I am not going to write much.  Lindsey’s recital was yesterday and although she danced beautifully, she said that she was nervous this year.  She said it felt different because the stage was scary, meaning big and lots of people.  It was downtown at the Alliance; it’s beautiful.  I told her that there weren’t any more people than there usually are, but it was stadium seating and I think it was closer to the stage or something.  She has never once complained about being nervous or scared, but I could see in her face that she was nervous.  And every year she dances her little butt off at the rehearsal and smiles and just does her thing, but every year at the recital she watches the teacher on the side of the stage—just because she’s there.  Next year she won’t be able to do that and I am so glad!  Lindsey doesn’t need a crutch and she doesn’t dance as well with it!  Don’t get me wrong, she did well, there’s just a difference in how she dances.  She looks nervous and doesn’t trust herself when that teacher is there; when the teacher isn’t there she just dances.  However, in ballet she never seems to look over at the teacher.  She’s taken ballet for the longest, for 6 years already, so maybe she’s the most comfortable.  That’s just crazy to me that next year will be her 7th year dancing.  Next year she’ll be in her 7th year of ballet, her 6th year of tap and 4th or 5th year of Jazz, I can’t remember how long she’s taken Jazz.  And she’ll be 10 on Tuesday! 

We saw her 4th grade teacher at the recital yesterday and she said "You thought you were rid of me, Lindsey!"  I took some pictures of them; I will also post them.  I brought Lindsey's friend, Kennedy, with me to the recital.  She wants to dance now, so I guess she enjoyed herself!

A long time ago I wrote about words and how powerful they are.  My mom sent me this link, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m7oU

Here’s the Word of the Day:


pangram \PAN-gruhm\, noun:
A sentence, verse, etc., that includes all the letters of the alphabet.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to take credit for the You Tube video but my dear friend, Keith, sent it to me. It's a great video - powerful message! Congrats to Lulu! She looks like a pro! We expect to see her dancing in NYC someday!

    ReplyDelete