Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Myth

Sometimes I write things and I put them away and sometimes I pull them back out. I wrote this poem a long time ago and since it's no longer fresh, I'm sharing it. I know the girls will love it anyway.  This poem will make sense to anyone who has loved absolutely blindly. Girls, especially the fixers, will feel this one. 


The heartbreak is this:  he was never real.
Seeing the myth, fog’s gone and it’s clear
And what’s left is your heart, scattered in pieces
When your mind finally grasps what slipped through the creases.
Like a projector, shot my feelings on him
Shining like the sun, no flaw made him dim
If only he could be how I saw him to be
He’d be happy for once when he’d see what I see
If only he could love how I taught him to love,
He’d forever feel peace, rising above
If only he could see the girl adoring his soul,  
He’d stop trying to fill this undying hole. 
But it’s all gone now; he is who he was,
Heartbroken’ s the girl who loved just because.
This girl who listened to his every word,
Now finds the whole thing completely absurd.
And one day he’ll wake up and finally see,
That girl who loved so unconditionally.
The girl who he never gave anything to
Is no longer there, and there’s nothing to do.
His games and excuses and making her cry,
Is all but a memory and her heart did not die.
He looks in her eyes and she sees what he sees….
What he wanted to happen, who he wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment