Friday, August 1, 2014

Always Be My Baby

In the sunlight or the rain
Brightest nights or darkest days
I'll always feel the same way
Whatever road you may be on
No, you're never too far gone
My love is there wherever you may be
Just remember that you'll always be my baby
-Sara Evans

Dylan and Carson

Today is the Friday before my babies go to kindergarten.  I am taking them to pick out their little pencil cases and school shoes and meeting their teacher today and I am a little emotional about it, of course.  Would you expect any different from me? 
 
I was really good at taking time for the little moments with Carson & Dylan when they were babies.  I rocked them, I took a long time giving them a bath because they enjoyed it, and I was patient and took the time to teach them something new.  But even though I took the time for those moments, they are still passing by.  I just feel like it's all flying by too quickly. Because I have older children, I now know that once they get into kindergarten, it starts to go even faster and before you know it, you can't remember which year they wore what in each school picture.  Everything starts to blend together and you're staring at a child who is bigger than you are.  
 

March 25, 2009

If you have little ones, please take my advice.  Slow down.  Rock your baby longer than he needs.  Memorize as much as you can about his little toes and noises.  Get down on his level and listen to him because one day that sweet voice will be deep and you'll wonder what happened. Throw away the schedule from time to time and just play with him.  I did this with Carson and Dylan and I realize how much time I wasted being structured with Logan and Lindsey.  
 




Carson and Dylan, I first heard the song below when I was pregnant with you.  Daddy got me the CD for Christmas and I remember crying on the way to pick out your cribs.  (Which you never slept in, because you slept with me.)  I love you more than you can EVER imagine and I know I have written this before, but you have made me SO happy.  Every day, you bring me joy.  
 
 
Fall, 2013



To everyone else, this song will go right through your heart, but listen to it.  It's totally worth the tears. 
 

 


















No comments:

Post a Comment