Tuesday, August 19, 2014

To Love

 
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


I sat down to write about why the news is making me so sad and this is what ended up coming out.   I apologize for the unoriginality, but as long as people hate each other, the world will never be different.  To love thy neighbor doesn't mean just those who are like you and I'm not sure why this is such a confusing concept.  Nowhere does this concept include exemptions.  Nowhere does it say "Love thy neighbor unless they're black.  Love thy neighbor unless he's gay.  Love thy neighbor unless she's a Jew.  Love thy neighbor unless they're poor and uneducated. Love thy neighbor unless he's fat."  It says love thy neighbor and our one and only job while we are here is to love, I am certain of that. 

The world is broken, but in it are dreamers and I am one of them.  I may not be able to fix it, but maybe I can make some small difference in the tiny circle which is around me by being empathetic and treating people as I would like to be treated.  A girl can dream....


Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try.
No hell below us, above us only sky

Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for and no religion too...

Imagine all the people living life in peace...
You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one


Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger, A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...


You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one 

No comments:

Post a Comment